Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Reading Fans Not Happy !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Banner has been handed over to the north stand reception and the they are going to get someone hold it up as the teams come out. They are going to blank out the owner name in case of litigation, which is a shame. But I got it printed before asking the club if it is ok, so that is my fault, and they have gone out of their way to help me.
Well done but that’s just ridiculous and cowardly nonsense by our officials, needless scare mongering - as if no one knows who it’s aimed at?!! Blimey, can you imagine us with our Archer Out signs all blanked out back in the day? The PL is so precious it really is and people so afraid of television power no wonder these technocrats have got the world sown up. Let’s pretend everything in football and the world is right shall we…and silence anyone who says hang on a sec!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Banner has been handed over to the north stand reception and the they are going to get someone hold it up as the teams come out. They are going to blank out the owner name in case of litigation, which is a shame. But I got it printed before asking the club if it is ok, so that is my fault, and they have gone out of their way to help me.
Just seen it on TV !

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This is what I always wanted our club to be more vocal about. I’d always hoped we’d have a board prepared to speak out about the injustices in the game. It’s brilliant that we do things the right way in our own backyard, but we are not an island. We should speak out for those clubs presently in a weaker position and against those authorities that abuse their power.

How Dai Yongge was ever allowed to take control of the club is not a mystery, because similar owners have systematically taken over clubs like Scunthorpe and Bury and ruined them. Nothing has been learned from our own experiences back in 1997.

I can only think that the EFL needs to somehow have the power to take back control of a club from an owner if certain conditions are met. Perhaps the franchises for all clubs should be sold to owners with the clubs actually owned by the EFL. Probably unworkable.
If club officials have blanked out our name in connection with the situation at Reading then it just reinforces my previous post above.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn’t see it and was looking! Where was this…?

Well done @ozzygull superb - now let’s get the palace one done with the bloom and barber in etc…? We can fund it on nsc…?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I didn’t see it and was looking! Where was this…?

Well done @ozzygull superb - now let’s get the palace one done with the bloom and barber in etc…? We can fund it on nsc…?
I think the palace one needs to be bigger, it looked big to me a home but I’m only 5ft 3 on a good day so it’s all perspective. From WSU it looked small in the north stand. It was 6ft by 2ft and cost £24 not including delivery. But it was probably still cheaper than me trying to make something, plus it would have probably looked sh!t

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think the palace one needs to be bigger, it looked big to me a home but I’m only 5ft 3 on a good day so it’s all perspective. From WSU it looked small in the north stand. It was 6ft by 2ft and cost £24 not including delivery. But it was probably still cheaper than me trying to make something, plus it would have probably looked sh!t
Where did you order from for reference?

Seems a decent price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here