Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ - We need more players…….

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Milner’s fine as part of a CM three.

He’s loathed for being a useless RB. That’s RDZ’s call and patently an error. At 37 players don’t have the legs for full back. A year older Young was taken apart by Diaz yesterday, Young resorted to hacking down and early red card. Whereas God (Joel Veltman) did a great job on Diaz.
And Veltman isn't a speed king either, but I think he has more nous about positioning, when or not to go forward, plus a decent array of slightly darker arts 😉. He's great.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Youth team not looking too clever at the moment....but tbf how many ever come through the youth set up? Solly , dunk , Ferguson. And that's over 10 years +
Interestingly, a few months back one of those organisations (Opta perhaps?) that looks at all sorts of stats and numbers and stuff for players (most of which goes way over my head!) did a search of their data to find the player whose stats were closest to Caicedo's. The player who was the closest match was a young midfielder playing for Northampton Town...........

.........on loan from Brighton! Keep the faith!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Interestingly, a few months back one of those organisations (Opta perhaps?) that looks at all sorts of stats and numbers and stuff for players (most of which goes way over my head!) did a search of their data to find the player whose stats were closest to Caicedo's. The player who was the closest match was a young midfielder playing for Northampton Town...........

.........on loan from Brighton! Keep the faith!
Marc Leonard then? I thought he played a bit higher up than Caicedo but I may have got that wrong 🤔

Ruby Murray

Apr 17, 2020
Youth team not looking too clever at the moment....but tbf how many ever come through the youth set up? Solly , dunk , Ferguson. And that's over 10 years +
Robert Sanchez, Ben White, Aaron Connolly. Jack Hinshelwood ? The first three made the club over 75 million pounds in profit !! Quite likely more to come through the system yet. Also not forgetting young players still out on loan that can come through and countless others that have graduated the youth set up playing professionally at other clubs here in the UK and in other countries!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Villa have Ramsey, Moreno, Mings, and Buendia out and seem to be doing OK.

Their squad cost £490m, including:
Diaby £50m
Torres £32m
Watkins £33m
Bailey £30m
Digne £25m
Carlos £26m
Martinez £20m
Duran £15m

I think there spending’s on a par with Saudi Newcastle, but the lazy media paint a narrative of Emery’s miracle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Robert Sanchez, Ben White, Aaron Connolly. Jack Hinshelwood ? The first three made the club over 75 million pounds in profit !! Quite likely more to come through the system yet. Also not forgetting young players still out on loan that can come through and countless others that have graduated the youth set up playing professionally at other clubs here in the UK and in other countries!!
Huh? Good price for White. Could have got more for Sanchez if he and RDZ hadn't fallen out, leaving him percieved as our 'third choice keeper'. Connolly - have we even made a profit? Hinshelwood we haven't sold at all (or even managed to loan him out for a loan fee AFAIK).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread has taken the usual turn.

And probably for the best.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Their squad cost £490m, including:
Diaby £50m
Torres £32m
Watkins £33m
Bailey £30m
Digne £25m
Carlos £26m
Martinez £20m
Duran £15m

I think there spending’s on a par with Saudi Newcastle, but the lazy media paint a narrative of Emery’s miracle.
I'm with the lazy media. Emery is doing a fine job at Villa. I think the media were far lazier when they were bigging up Stevie G's managerial credentials which was pretty much based on him being a great player. Unfortunately, I fear Villa are a serious challenger for a CL spot and, if they achieve that, you'd have to credit Emery, given: a, how they were doing prior to his arrival; and b, that their CL rivals have all spent more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here