Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ…again

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'A manager who is admired by many and, as his side travel to champions Manchester City on Saturday just two points behind them, is already being eyed as a potential Guardiola replacement once his Etihad Stadium era ends.'

That's what I've said for months. Decent seasons for both of them and Pep will pop off, and RDZ will be on his way to Manchester.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I love de zerbi but can't help but think he's a little overrated and still has much to learn. His all out attack policy is ideal for one of the very top teams like real, city or Bayern though.
I love everything about him, but Leeds fans felt that way about Bielsa and it all ended in tears there.

We have to strap in for the ride and show the bravery and balls he wants the players to show because, without Caicedo, we might not keep a clean sheet all season. His response has simply been “fine, we’ll just score more goals then” which I love, but we’ll see more thrashings both way this season I reckon. At least one opponent is due an absolute beasting but there’ll be another Villa.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
'A manager who is admired by many and, as his side travel to champions Manchester City on Saturday just two points behind them, is already being eyed as a potential Guardiola replacement once his Etihad Stadium era ends.'

That's what I've said for months. Decent seasons for both of them and Pep will pop off, and RDZ will be on his way to Manchester.
It's not an unusual opinion.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I love de zerbi but can't help but think he's a little overrated and still has much to learn. His all out attack policy is ideal for one of the very top teams like real, city or Bayern though.
If you're going to troll, at least make it subtle.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's not an unusual opinion.
No, clearly. I was just merely pointing out that more and more people (like Balague in the article in the OP) are starting to say it NOW.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wish people would stop telling everyone how great our Rob is

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was almost exactly a year ago that the media were fawning all over Potter with exactly the same kind of overhyped shit. Gotta fill those column inches somehow!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I love everything about him, but Leeds fans felt that way about Bielsa and it all ended in tears there.

We have to strap in for the ride and show the bravery and balls he wants the players to show because, without Caicedo, we might not keep a clean sheet all season. His response has simply been “fine, we’ll just score more goals then” which I love, but we’ll see more thrashings both way this season I reckon. At least one opponent is due an absolute beasting but there’ll be another Villa.
The burnout that Leeds had is a scary thought as well but we can see that de zerbi recognises that from his rotation. I just wish de zerbi was a tad more pragmatic. The best managers can do both ways of playing and I think de zerbi will learn that soon enough.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

At the end of the 2024/25 season is what is mooted. Another year and a half of Roberto is something I’d be happy with. More, even better.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The burnout that Leeds had is a scary thought as well but we can see that de zerbi recognises that from his rotation. I just wish de zerbi was a tad more pragmatic. The best managers can do both ways of playing and I think de zerbi will learn that soon enough.
Or he is taking football to a new level in a way that challenges/changes the old way of thinking ? Football has always evolved and not all fans change their thinking at the same pace. I’m particularly speaking to the bloke who sat behind us in the Lower West when we had season tickets :)

el punal

It was almost exactly a year ago that the media were fawning all over Potter with exactly the same kind of overhyped shit. Gotta fill those column inches somehow!
Can’t they do an exclusive on Doris, the Albion’s very own tea lady? She’s an expert teabagger and knows her muffin from her crumpet. Her chocolate fingers are to die for and what she does when her pastry is ready rubbed - wow! :blush:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’s why he is with us now and not City yet…….

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
BUT THEY LOST 6-1 TO THE VILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I would be happy if he is with us until the end of 2025 season. I still think at the moment (blue tinted specs) he is at the best club for him.

Having the freedom to do as he wants with little pressure, apart from what he puts on himself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here