Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ravel Morrison

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great talent. When he turned away from JFC & Ince into 20 yards of space to have that shot was great.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
According to 'Arry, he's the most talented player since Paul Gascoigne.

Was actually Lee Clark that said that. Alex Ferguson said something similar at one point too. I can see what they mean, he looks very experienced for a young player and has great ball control. He looks like a more offensive, quicker version of Wilshire to me. As an England fan, I hope he makes the most of his ability.. But there's clearly a reason why he's been loaned back into the championship.

Bloody unfair that qpr can spend the money to bring him in though. Ffp, what ffp?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He was there biggest threat. He clearly is a cut above the championship in terms of ability.
To be fair they had a few like that but they don t really put a shift in as a team. They look like 11 individuals hence why they are not top even though they should be with the players they have.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Morrison reminded me of the impact Nathan Redmond had against us last season. Nimble and nippy, you really don't want these types of players running at you. I hope for his sake, he can sort his head out, he certainly did not look to be a "problem" based on that performance.

Lingard by contrast looks a little less robust. I have a feeling that there is a lot more to come from him, but I suspect he will need to be surrounded by top class players, to really show what he is capable of. I would like to think he will develop a better understanding with ours, over the coming weeks.

I thought RM was superb last night, totally ran the game for them. Some of his play was the best I've seen at the Amex, rivalling Vicente. Be madness if England don't involve him this summer , the Gazza comparisons are apt

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought RM was superb last night, totally ran the game for them. Some of his play was the best I've seen at the Amex, rivalling Vicente. Be madness if England don't involve him this summer , the Gazza comparisons are apt

There is often a "surprise" member of the squad. I wouldn't be upset if Morrison was that man in Brazil and I'd be amazed if Hodgson isn't keeping tabs on him.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Lingard by contrast looks a little less robust. I have a feeling that there is a lot more to come from him, but I suspect he will need to be surrounded by top class players, to really show what he is capable of. I would like to think he will develop a better understanding with ours, over the coming weeks.

Yeah agreed, same as Rodriguez, hopefully them and the team will get on the same wavelength soon and click and spot the runs both players make.

The way Ravel made space when he received the ball was quality, United would be challenging still this season if they kept hold of him and Pogba, what a great batch of youngsters they would have with them two and Adnan.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Morrison reminded me of the impact Nathan Redmond had against us last season. Nimble and nippy, you really don't want these types of players running at you. I hope for his sake, he can sort his head out, he certainly did not look to be a "problem" based on that performance.

Agree with this. Morrison was class last night. Whenever I've seen Redmond on MOTD, he's been brilliant, if he played for a bigger club, he might even be getting a sniff at the England squad.
As regards Lingard, he's 21, Januzaj has just turned 18. There's a reason why one has played regularly for United, and the other is on loan to us. Lingard will be a decent PL forward player, nothing more.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Would be a good move for him IMO, get him away from the hideous media in this country. The Italian media aren't much better mind :lolol: He's a young lad who needs to go get his head down somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here