Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Random Gadgets

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I bought a device called a "Tip Top Temp" which fits over the damper wheel on top of my Weber kettle BBQ. It has a bimetallic spring controlled butterfly valve which is adjustable. It controls the airflow through the BBQ by opening and closing as it heats and cools, therefore maintaining a constant temperature, which in turns allows you to cook "low 'n' slow" brisket, pulled pork etc. It ran overnight for me a couple of weeks ago, 14 hours in total, with no more than a +/- 20°C temperature fluctuation keeping it around 100°. Then, after the stall I adjusted the control to take it up to around 150° for the last hour. The best £40 I've spent on a gadget in a long time, totally analogue, brilliant idea. You can get them for other BBQs, Pro-Q, Big Green Egg, in fact any Kamado type BBQ etc.

View attachment 136451

I'm IN.

The next time you see my partner, you're going to get a verbal dressing down...

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not really into gadgets, but music is a huge part of my life so decent audio equipment has always been a must for me. I can't afford to spend what I would like to but I have some above average kit.
Two beautiful, and loud, Canton speakers hooked up to a Denon amp in the front room, Audio Technica over-ear headphones for out and about, Bose over-ear for listening at home and KZ ZSN Pro in ear headphones for work and a Fiio portable amp hooked up to my phone for extra ear damage.
I used to have my Technics set up but living in a flat makes it impossible to mix really, but I'd love to get back in to DJing as it's something I really miss doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here