Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] R5 today,C/punishment or life term tariff.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All? Bloody hell - that would be an awful lot of executions! The bar would have to come down to something like 12 points on your licence to provide enough executees!
No, it's easy done. A vote for execution and your name goes down on the list, a kind of reverse lottery..any executions due and ERNIE will draw a name at random from the list, no " sorry, I can't do Tuesday " you get to put the noose on or throw the switch, no excuses, just like the executed person.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One of my thoughts has always been that I wouldn’t be prepared to pull the lever/flick the switch myself, and wouldn’t expect anyone else to have to do it for me.

and on your first sentence, it always gets me when people in government say “we are doing what the people want”, particularly about immigration. Firstly I don’t think it’s necessarily true, but mainly because the government should be there to do what is best for the country and its people……. And that is a philosophical point rather that an attempt to argue about immigration or the death penalty.

but how anybody can attempt to use “nobody ever reoffended after being executed” as a serious intellectual argument amazes me.
Unless of course, you were a complete and utter moron aiming to appeal to the base instincts of people even more stupid than yourself :shrug:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I don’t think a state ever has the right to take a life. The death sentence is obviously not a deterrent as can be demonstrated so clearly in the USA.

According to Wikipedia a quarter of inmates on death row in the USA die of natural causes whilst awaiting execution. Then there are those who are pardoned by various State Governors

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It had to be done

If we had a referendum tomorrow (or better still, the day after the latterst child kiddy fiddler murder outrage - we haven't had one for a while but one will be along soon) the great thicky British public would definitely bring back hanging. If given another referendum on the threshold it would be 'anyone who annoys me'. f*** me, that's how I'd vote, if feeling a bit vindictive, which I often do, particularly in the late afternoon after having to deal with some of the gormless cockwombles that cast a malign shadow over my otherwise lovely day.

Referendums are the tools of charlatans, weak politicians without the balls or brains to persuade people to vote for them by reasonable means. If Farrage were PM (heaven forbid) we'd have a referendum every other week.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Timothy Evans, George Kelly, Mahmood Mattan, Derek Bentley. All hanged and subsequently proved innocent.
The Guidford four, Birmingham Six and Maguire Seven would all have faced the death penalty.

It is, simply, society taking revenge.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I agree completely and isn't that we we have ?

There's no way Brady, Hindley, Bishop, Huntley, Nilsen, Adebolajo, Adebowale, Whiting, Copeland, etc etc were and are ever getting out :shrug:

I may be in a minority, but I don't think that British Justice system does a bad job (other than the chronic underfunding problems the current Government has caused)
Adebowale got 45 years. He will be released unless he dies in prison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here