Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question.... Is the North stand actually North ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I consider myself to have a good sense of direction like most men and know my North, South, East & West and it has bugged me for a while now is the North Stand actually North, because to me it points West ???

Shoot me down, I have known to be wrong before. :thumbsup:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Is this the 427th thread on this?!?!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ok

Idiot of the day, still belongs to Bigbelly however I have come pretty close with this thread.

Sorry to all

Mods please move to complete numty section

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Ok

Idiot of the day, still belongs to Bigbelly however I have come pretty close with this thread.

Sorry to all

Mods please move to complete numty section

:rolleyes:
However, for what it's worth, I did notice that one of the Muslim players in the Newcastle team, when he was doing his pre-kick-off praying thing, was prostrating himself towards the North Stand, which is neither North or indeed in the direction of Mecca, as required. Make of that what you will.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
However, for what it's worth, I did notice that one of the Muslim players in the Newcastle team, when he was doing his pre-kick-off praying thing, was prostrating himself towards the North Stand, which is neither North or indeed in the direction of Mecca, as required. Make of that what you will.

That indeed explains our victory.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Sure it wasn't the South stand?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Yes, but as we all know, The Earth is an irregular oblate spheroid and as such even if he was facing the wrong direction, with a few thousand circulations of the globe his prayer would eventually pass through Mecca, thus achieving the objective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here