Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] QATAR dangle the freebies - where would you stand ?

Would you go to Qatar as a slag cheerleader ?

• YES. I would WHORE myself to it and have the trip of a lifetime for free. Its the WORLD CUP ffs.

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • NO. Its a disgusting regime and I will have no part of this grubby spectacle.

Votes: 109 82.6%
  • MAYBE. If it gives me the chance to get my arse out to Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani on telly

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As an aside, I do like World Cup tat and have been building up a collection of drink glasses over the years. I normally buy a couple for each tournament but, beyond football stickers, there’s absolutely no WC tat in the shops this year….nothing. There’s always a stall in the supermarkets selling all sorts of crap with the German flag on it and in previous years we’ve even had Jogi Löw’s Nivea grooming kit. But nought this time. Maybe it’s a Berlin thing?

What’s it like in England?
made a point to look today, wouldnt know there was a World Cup on. neither Asda or Tesco had any England tat, only a low key "ready for the game" banner with the beer and snacks. squeezed out by christmas fare.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As an aside, I do like World Cup tat and have been building up a collection of drink glasses over the years. I normally buy a couple for each tournament but, beyond football stickers, there’s absolutely no WC tat in the shops this year….nothing. There’s always a stall in the supermarkets selling all sorts of crap with the German flag on it and in previous years we’ve even had Jogi Löw’s Nivea grooming kit. But nought this time. Maybe it’s a Berlin thing?

What’s it like in England?
I've only seen 1 (one) car proudly flying it's Cross of St George flags, to which I thought 'why's that then?'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've only seen 1 (one) car proudly flying it's Cross of St George flags, to which I thought 'why's that then?'.
made a point to look today, wouldnt know there was a World Cup on. neither Asda or Tesco had any England tat, only a low key "ready for the game" banner with the beer and snacks. squeezed out by christmas fare.
Not just here then. Thanks.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Fans paid to attend World Cup by Qatar have daily allowance cancelled​

Members of the Fan Leader Network from two European countries said their payments had been cancelled three days ago and that authorities had blamed the decision on the bad press which followed the revelation that fans were being paid.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Qatar really are nailing the publicity for this shit show aren't they.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here