Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Pubs Opening Next Saturday

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Buckingham in Shoreham confirmed opening a week today

Saw this too, but you have to pre-book a table for a maximum of two and a half hours (decide before booking whether you want to sit inside or out, weather depending) which sounds no fun at all. Don't mind this for booking a table in a restaurant but not in a pub.

Will swerve this until the situation eases even if that is next year. I like the spontaneity of being able to go to the pub at short notice and not to have to consider booking a table in advance.

By the way I'm not blaming the pubs who do this at all under the circumstances and I'm pleased for them that they can re-open albeit under very different circumstances. It's just not for me.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm staying in next Saturday, it will be like the last day of work before Christmas, New Year's Eve, Christmas Eve and a sunny day when England are on tv in the World Cup, all rolled into one but with the restrictions.
It will be like dick head central at many pubs.

Enjoy :cheers:

This! And good luck to the pub security staff!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Something comically inciteful about reopening pubs on a Saturday.

The BBC have done their bit to ensure people will find death preferable to staying indoors by putting Adele followed by Coldplay live sets on tonight.

A Heart FM listeners dream, just needed Robbie for a full house. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm looking forward to seeing photos of people queuing for the pubs to open, how many will be there at 9AM for a midday opening?

Like Weatherspoon on a regular day.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm staying in next Saturday, it will be like the last day of work before Christmas, New Year's Eve, Christmas Eve and a sunny day when England are on tv in the World Cup, all rolled into one but with the restrictions.

Brighton will be like the wild west on Saturday.

Lunchtime kick off vs Norwich where we may pretty much confirm PL survival ( not shown in many pubs, but home drinking ) followed by hordes of drunken orcs heading into the city.

I'll be nowhere near it.

el punal

It will be like dick head central at many pubs.:drink:

Yep! You’re probably right. Every Frosty Jack, cheap Polish lager, Buckfast, Special Brew, it’s only Brasso loving twathead will be camped out by the entrance. They will be followed by the amazing social distancing numbnuts who have insisted on crowd surfing at our beaches this week. Then it will be the local chavs who don’t give a shit about anybody or anything - never have and never will. And, finally, it will be Mr. and Mrs.Average who will take one look and retreat back to their home for a calming chilled glass of Chardonnay.

Anyway - here’s my list of boozers for my welcome back pub crawl ——————- Hic! :drink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This. We've got Virgin TV / Broadband so I'm lucky enough to have BT Sport. Thinking of having the next few days totally dry after a heavy weekend this weekend and then just getting a few beers in at home for our game and the following ones that day. If the weather is even half decent it will be carnage.

However, if you want dick head central then Hove Lawns has been doing a sterling job of hosting that this week.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here