Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pub takeaways heads-up

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm sure it's on a previous page, but the Old Star. In Shoreham are selling take outs, and the Duke of Wellington is effectively an off license! I will be dropping by to show my support later this afternoon

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
think a few are going to be doing takeaway, get yourself a flagon for repeat visits. draft ale should keep well for a couple of days (bright beer upto a week) in a sealed vessel, cool and dark (garage or cupboard).

bear in mind a lot of pubs will be taking loans to cover costs over this period, so remember they (and other small business) will most need support when they reopen to help pay back those loans. :cheers: :drink:

I would think that when pubs finally do reopen, (which they will), punters will be so desperate to go out for a drink, that there will be standing room only.

Cue a mini revival for pubs perhaps?

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
The Hornet Alehouse in Chichester is effectively becoming a off licence, they will be open from 2-6 every day, and they have a wonderful variety of cans, bottles and growlers of cask and keg beers. They will also be delivering.

I'm going to help them through the cask stuff first :drink::drink:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Have decided that we will get a takeaway from one of our local pubs each time we reach a night out that has been shelved as part of the social distancing. We'd be spending the money anyway so best to ensure it goes straight to a village business. Also donated to the campaign to keep Boileroom going in Guildford. Love that place and would be heartbroken to see it gone.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/help-the-boileroom-survive-the-covid-19-crisis-1

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The pubs cafes and restaurants NEED our support. the supermarkets do not, they're the reason the pubs are all shut in the first place.

It's also a lot safer to grab a takeaway from your local than battle your way through a packed supermarket full of idiotic,peasants.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be grand if folks that frequent the Albion faithful pubs eg. Caxton Arms, Welly, Albert, Bevy could nag their respective landlords to post on here. They've always done us proud. Time to return the favour bigtime

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Vintage Inns selling half price beer.
Devils Dyke one on the Uckfield / Crowborough road are the two I know. Is there one in Hassocks?
Haywards Heath has a Harvester and (ex Dolphin pub) next to each other.
Take your own containers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I saw something about a pub / hotel on the road between Lewes & Uckfield was still opening up regulars in the bar...
Hopefully that’s stopped

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Our local has just closed for the duration, I have never been a home drinker, except maybe 1 or 2 drinks when we have guests, so will probably lose a few kilos as a result.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here