[Football] PSG Not Keen On Messi Showing Off WC Trophy At Parc Des Princes

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Would be pretty cool. Although would encourage more of our fans to sing that "we're Brighton and Hove Albion, we've won the World Cup" song which is pretty horrendous
As moribund and inane as "We pay your benefits"

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Would be pretty cool. Although would encourage more of our fans to sing that "we're Brighton and Hove Albion, we've won the World Cup" song which is pretty horrendous
Horrendous? That criminal Tate, Vladimir Putin, natural disasters etc - those things are horrendous. Why overreact, we probably won't ever be in the position again when one of our players is a world cup winner, let people have their fun.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Horrendous? That criminal tate, Vladimir Putin, natural disasters etc - those things are horrendous. Why overreact, we probably won't ever be in the position again when one of our player is a world cup winner, let people have their fun.
We should be perpetually singing Mac Allister's own chant...

...oh.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
YES YES YES.
Can you imagine, one of OUR players, not a loanee, parading around the pitch with the WORLD CUP. My god, I think I'd be in such a state.
ps. If you want some dates, how about 12th to 19th Feb. Covers the 4 teams with players (City 12th, Villa 18th 12:30 pre match, BHA 18th 15:00 post match & Utd 19th) at home plus a short tour elsewhere.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe he could parade it at the Palace game, with Joachim Andersen parading his World Cup Finalist shirt ?

The one that he swapped with a French player after Denmark were knocked out the first phase.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm probably being thick but does each player get a replica trophy as well as a medal?

I think he should be allowed to walk around the perimeter with his medal. I remember being at Hull when a boxer had won a gold medal in the Olympics/Commonwealth Games? Brighton fans applauded him as well as the Hull fans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm probably being thick but does each player get a replica trophy as well as a medal?

I think he should be allowed to walk around the perimeter with his medal. I remember being at Hull when a boxer had won a gold medal in the Olympics/Commonwealth Games? Brighton fans applauded him as well as the Hull fans.
Not that I’m aware. I read an article before the WC that said the winners are presented with the original which they use on the pitch. This is then taken away for repairs and locked away again; they are given a copy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would prefer MacAllister and Messi parading it at The Amex together, after Messi has signed so he can enjoy a year of football with his friend…..

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

They do. AMac posted a picture on social media the other day of him watching the Saints game and there was WC replica trophy in shot.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
As moribund and inane as "We pay your benefits"

A very small section of our support sang that at Anfield.

I shouted them down suggesting they don't have a clue what they're on about.

Two people came up to me at full time to say 'well done' but didn't have the balls to back me originally.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
YES YES YES.
Can you imagine, one of OUR players, not a loanee, parading around the pitch with the WORLD CUP. My god, I think I'd be in such a state.
ps. If you want some dates, how about 12th to 19th Feb. Covers the 4 teams with players (City 12th, Villa 18th 12:30 pre match, BHA 18th 15:00 post match & Utd 19th) at home plus a short tour elsewhere.
So long as it is only the opener for Dunk parading the Charity Shield to the crowd and the world watching on tele!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here