Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League - Void or positions stand ?

What will Premier League do ?

• Null & Void

Votes: 198 58.2%
  • Current Positions stand

Votes: 54 15.9%
  • Something else

Votes: 88 25.9%

• Total voters

SAC

May 21, 2014
Finish the season whenever it can be finished. Work out a plan for when the transfer market can be opened, presumably at the end of the season. Out of contract players can continue with a club if they wish but can't sign for a new club until the new transfer window.

Work out a plan for next season when we know how long that season can be. Perhaps only 18 matches or more if cups games are not played.

Move the Euros and World Cup back two years if necessary.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Finish the season whenever it can be finished. Work out a plan for when the transfer market can be opened, presumably at the end of the season. Out of contract players can continue with a club if they wish but can't sign for a new club until the new transfer window.

Work out a plan for next season when we know how long that season can be. Perhaps only 18 matches or more if cups games are not played.

Move the Euros and World Cup back two years if necessary.

Looking forward to the next 'Bosman' type court case if they tried to pull that fast one.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Realistically the season has to be completed by July 1, otherwise clubs will be signing other clubs out of contract players just to stop them playing. It couldn't be prevented as it is basically a Bosman situation.

League Integrity gone.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
On reflection, it should be done on league position after 28 games IMHO (make Liverpool happy)... otherwise void (can I have my money back!)... absolutely zero chance of finishing the season...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
According to a premier league official there is no chance of this season being finished.

Woo Hoo

If that’s the case the Football league will follow and straight down Ladbrokes to get my league £2.50 e/w lucky 15 back, although I had an outside chance of three getting in the top three out of N-Forest 25/1, Peterborough 14/1, Plymouth 11/2, Woking 12/1. Pretty sure Ladbrokes would find away of not paying back the bet.

Not sure how I feel about it being cancelled in all fairness.
I’m starting to get pissed off with everything now.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yes, all the way through the leagues. You're right that this 'no play-offs/no relegation' option would be tough on clubs in and around the play-off positions (also those chasing Champions League places), but surely the alternative of simply voiding would be unfair to many more clubs? And voiding would open up the possibility of TV companies demanding refunds for the whole of the current season. Even stopping the season early would be very expensive.

It's an impossible situation and I do respect everyone else's suggestions - and Superphil's suggestion that clubs carry over 50 per cent of current points into next season is particularly intriguing.
All the way through the league's means a lot of very close calls - extremely unfare on those losing out. Very unjust. Ridiculous suggestion in my opinion.

In theory finishing this season is an option, but that will likely extend into July and maybe August and would involve contract extensions. It would also delay next season, maybe mean a truncated next season, not sure how that could work. No one would want that die to cost impacts

Only way is to write off this season. Nothing else comes close to making sense.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well everyone has been advised to work from home.

So that must include footballers. No training, no behind closed doors games.

They'll be running at home on the treadmill ? Or maybe outdoor runs in the countryside ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not sure why the tv companies would have the right to claim back money for games they have already broadcast!!!

Also, why would it be unfair to more teams if the season is voided? Not one position is yet settled

Voiding would be unfair to more clubs because those that are currently in a European-qualifying or promotion positions would be disappointed along with those that simply have outside hopes of achieving success. Concluding early would at least ensure that clubs such as Liverpool, Leicester and, yes, Leeds that have, at this point in time, actually achieved something would be rewarded.

It's not perfect, but it's less imperfect than anything else I can think of.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On reflection, it should be done on league position after 28 games IMHO (make Liverpool happy)... otherwise void (can I have my money back!)... absolutely zero chance of finishing the season...

I totally agree. Finalise the league table after 28 games, so Liverpool win the title. As the Championship play-offs realistically can't take place I'd promote Leeds and West Brom, relegate Villa and Norwich.

I get the argument about 2 up none down but the problem with 5 down in 2020/21 is there will be 5 Prem sides on parachute payments in the Championship in 2021/22, so with only 3 coming up you have to believe it will be something of a 5-horse race and the other 19 will be locked out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here