Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 5-7/8/22

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I like the cut of that Cucurella lad's jib.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is that guy Southampton's new first choice Keeper, or is he a sub standing in? I'm not sure I'm gonna handle commentators saying "Bazunu" in every game because the way it's been said today is so much like 'Bissouma' I keep thinking they are getting player names confused. I already struggle with 'Albrighton' in Leicester games ("and now it's Albrighton" leading to me being confused because the game is quite balanced, and we're not playing in it, before remembering it's a player name).

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
From the reaction on match days at the Amex when Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Chelsea score on the screens before and after our games I think we have a fair number of season ticket holders who have/ had other teams as their “first” team :smile:

I can think of 4 off the top of my head - Spuds, Pool, Spam and a Black Cat

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
GP has done a great job in improving the now Chelsea player…I know which one I’m glad is still at Brighton

The last time I saw Cucu playing for another team, it was Spain against Brazil in the Olympics, have to say in his cameo yesterday he looked a class above the Cucu I saw playing for Spain. He has come on a lot, it was painful to watch what we are going to be missing :down:

I had turned yesterday’s game off so only turned it back on again when I saw on here that he’d come on. Looked the best player on the pitch in those last few minutes, but yeah I am biased!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not having all.this premiership soccer.
I'm all about non league me.

[tweet]1556006516523732999[/tweet]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is that guy Southampton's new first choice Keeper, or is he a sub standing in? I'm not sure I'm gonna handle commentators saying "Bazunu" in every game because the way it's been said today is so much like 'Bissouma' I keep thinking they are getting player names confused. I already struggle with 'Albrighton' in Leicester games ("and now it's Albrighton" leading to me being confused because the game is quite balanced, and we're not playing in it, before remembering it's a player name).

Thank you for inviting JRG to write a 4000 word essay on Bazunu and the Irish goalkeeper situation. He'll be here any time I guess, and you'll have to read it as you brought it here...

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
There’s something quite painful about hearing the Chelsea fans sing that song :lolol: :(

Is this the first ever example of a Brighton song being appropriatedby another club, rather than the other way round- we are really big time now aren't we?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is this the first ever example of a Brighton song being appropriatedby another club, rather than the other way round- we are really big time now aren't we?

And Spurs with the Bissouma song yesterday too (apparently)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Didn't 'we' come up with 'He's shot he's scored it must be ...'

Or does every old lag say that?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

And Spurs with the Bissouma song yesterday too (apparently)

Didn't 'we' come up with 'He's shot he's scored it must be ...'

Or does every old lag say that?

I've also heard 'were the left side, we're the left side....' on telly last season. I think that originated with us as well?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see one of our rivals are ahead at Wesh Ham.

Haaland Pen against their sub keeper

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Haaland is going to break every scoring record in the PL this season

Think he'll "only" score around 25-30 this season. Next season I could see him scoring 40+.

He's a freak and if he stay in the PL, he could be the one to threaten Alan Shearers record.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Just blundered across an article on the Daily Fail website, but thought this was interesting - West Ham's first match of the season saw the catering prices rise to a comical level: Moretti and Heineken on draught for £7.60, with a bottle of Coca-Cola priced at £4.50. Admittedly that might include the bottle top (extra value) but think they've dropped a ball there.

I guess they've got to cover the cost of their stadium somehow... oh.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just blundered across an article on the Daily Fail website, but thought this was interesting - West Ham's first match of the season saw the catering prices rise to a comical level: Moretti and Heineken on draught for £7.60, with a bottle of Coca-Cola priced at £4.50. Admittedly that might include the bottle top (extra value) but think they've dropped a ball there.

I guess they've got to cover the cost of their stadium somehow... oh.

The not so comical bit is that they are no doubt going to be the same price for their second home game as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here