Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 1-3/1/22

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I lived and taught in the West Mids for many years. In the Wolves/West Brom area in particular ‘you are’ is often ‘you am’ which then becomes ‘yam’. ‘Are you coming to the game?’ tends to become ‘Yam(sounds like Yowm) coming to the game?’
I remember taking a group of primary aged children on a day trip somewhere and as the coach reached its destination the singing of ‘Here we am, here we am, here we am’ was irrefutable confirmation that I was fighting a losing battle with some aspects of teaching English!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
EDB254CC-D177-4EA7-847A-C208D8C7E1CD.jpeg

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've given up betting this year because basically I'm SHIT at it. I get a winner about once a week but make a loss overall of over £50 (that's a figure that is very hard to work out because I have never kept any sort of records).

The amount of time I save now is huge. Writing out my slips, going into the bookies and having to make small talk. :yawn: ,then following the matches or sometimes horses leads to more stress which I don't need. There is inevitably going to be winners that I miss out on but after last night's Man Utd v Wolves game, I saved a few quid. And I was absolutely delighted. There is just too much football now on every day of the week to keep track of. Simple.

Good riddance to gambling (apart from the National Lottery when I had a big win last September. A tenner a week on that is a pleasure and a little dabble with no expectations). I won't miss the bookmakers.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I lived and taught in the West Mids for many years. In the Wolves/West Brom area in particular ‘you are’ is often ‘you am’ which then becomes ‘yam’. ‘Are you coming to the game?’ tends to become ‘Yam(sounds like Yowm) coming to the game?’
I remember taking a group of primary aged children on a day trip somewhere and as the coach reached its destination the singing of ‘Here we am, here we am, here we am’ was irrefutable confirmation that I was fighting a losing battle with some aspects of teaching English!

Indeed. Black country dwellers are yam-yams and Brummies are yo-yos. "Are yo goin' out" and the brummie greeting "hey yo"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here