Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Prem on TV 21/22

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So....do we know what's going on?

I remember hearing the TV companies had rolled over their current deal for another year, but that would mean every game televised, and I'm not seeing any signs of that atm.

If anyone knows whether we'll be able to watch Away games (without having to resort to water-based methods...), I'd appreciate hearing about it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So....do we know what's going on?

I remember hearing the TV companies had rolled over their current deal for another year, but that would mean every game televised, and I'm not seeing any signs of that atm.

If anyone knows whether we'll be able to watch Away games (without having to resort to water-based methods...), I'd appreciate hearing about it.

This season (2021-22) is the final season of the three-year 2019-22 deal. However, it was announced two months ago that all parties had agreed to roll over that deal into a further three-year agreement (2022-25) on the same terms - Premier League clubs agree to three-year renewal of UK TV rights

However, these deals obviously relate to a non-covid world; I haven't seen any indication whatsoever that there is any likelihood that ALL PL matches will be televised in 2021-22 (or any part of it).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its clearly gone back to the usual subscription format, being as they've announced the 4 games they are covering on EPLD1. Sky have 1 Friday night game, 1 Saturday game at 5.30, then a 2.00 and 4.30 on Sunday. BT have a 12.30 on Saturday.

There's no Saturday 3pm game being shown live any more.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
However, these deals obviously relate to a non-covid world; I haven't seen any indication whatsoever that there is any likelihood that ALL PL matches will be televised in 2021-22 (or any part of it).

They’re not. It’s back to pre COVID - with Sky (predominantly), BT and Amazon (in a couple of all game chunks) sharing various live slots mostly on Fridays through Mondays.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Those who want to watch every match on TV will still be able to watch every match on TV, with the slightest of jiggery pokery...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This season (2021-22) is the final season of the three-year 2019-22 deal. However, it was announced two months ago that all parties had agreed to roll over that deal into a further three-year agreement (2022-25) on the same terms - Premier League clubs agree to three-year renewal of UK TV rights

So…sorry if I’m being thick but how is it the same deal, when it’s a totally different deal?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The exact same broadcasters are paying the exact same fee for the exact same packages without a tender process.

Same fee but getting far less live games….right?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

The rights to the last deal were never sold on the basis of EVERY game being shown live. They've merely reverted back to pre-covid coverage on the same deal as before.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

You're confused. Showing every game live (for project restart towards the end of the 2019-20 season, and then for most of last season - except for the aborted PPV experiment) was only agreed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. That was never a part of the original three-year deal agreed for the 2019-2022 period.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're confused. Showing every game live (for project restart towards the end of the 2019-20 season, and then for most of last season - except for the aborted PPV experiment) was only agreed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. That was never a part of the original three-year deal agreed for the 2019-2022 period.

Right so not the same deal as last season. Gotcha.

:wink:

(I read an article that was confused quite a few months ago, as it was suggesting that every game would be broadcast live like last season. Confusion over.)

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Is this season also moving to a Saturday night game (eg. 8pm ko)as well?
There aren’t any listed in the first month’s batch to TV fixtures.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
It’s back to the pre covid live football coverage this season . So roughly 1 in just over 3 live .

Yep. Sky will have 128 games, BT 52, and Amazon - 2 full rounds of fixtures this season. BBC Sport have the highlights rights.
Talk sport/5 live have the audio rights.
(Radio Sussex will have local rights for Albion fixtures)

Same number rolled over to 2022-25 for the *new* contract.

BT will move their 12.30 fixture to 745 on a Saturday if it involves a champions league team - but unclear if that’s new for this season or the 22-25 contract.

Otherwise it’s some Fridays, 12.30 Saturday, 5.30 Saturday (eg Watford), normally 2 Sky on Sunday and most Mondays at 8pm. BT also occasional Saturday night. And more squeezed in at Xmas and at the end of the season. Amazon have 2 blocks - at Christmas and 1 later on.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Think the football league have missed a trick here i.e. to satiate people who only want to watch one team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here