Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Power Cuts in the past few days...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anyone been getting any? My Mum is Sussex had one yesterday for a few hours plus my work in the Thames Valley lost power Tuesday.

Interesting at the same time National Grid kicked in their ESO Demand Fliexbility Service. Octopus are offering £4 per kw/h for anyone saving power 4.30-6pm today.

Seems the grid in under a lot strain as temps fall and winds fall light...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone been getting any? My Mum is Sussex had one yesterday for a few hours plus my work in the Thames Valley lost power Tuesday.

Interesting at the same time National Grid kicked in their ESO Demand Fliexbility Service. Octopus are offering £4 per kw/h for anyone saving power 4.30-6pm today.

It's the third event via the Hugo Energy app, who are paying £5.50/kWh today.

1st: 16th November - £3.00/kWh
2nd: 28th November - £4.49/kWh

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's the third event via the Hugo Energy app, who are paying £5.50/kWh today.

1st: 16th November - £3.00/kWh
2nd: 28th November - £4.49/kWh
Blimey, do you have to be tied to a particular energy provider? Out of interest do you know if they'll pay for a forced export (battery discharge)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey, do you have to be tied to a particular energy provider? Out of interest do you know if they'll pay for a forced export (battery discharge)
Just found this on that page...

If you have domestic battery storage and can export during an event, you can get additional Winter Cashback payments.​
However, this depends on you having an export MPAN whose data we can access. We cannot always access the export data as the MPAN may not be configured correctly to view it on our system. So, if you are interested in using Hugo for this service, please message us via the app and choose the title Winter Cashback Query.
In the text, say something like:​
Please confirm if my export MPAN data is available.​
We will try to confirm within 24 hours. If it is unavailable, ask your supplier if they provide this service during an event or ask them if they can make the export data available on the open network. We can assist you with a letter template to help with this process. If you can’t participate in the Export incentive, you can still participate in the main scheme.​

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011

2 days ago had a power cut from 10am to 8pm.

Cable fault under pavement and affecting three houses. They had to dig it all up. Near Hove Station.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just found this on that page...

If you have domestic battery storage and can export during an event, you can get additional Winter Cashback payments.​
However, this depends on you having an export MPAN whose data we can access. We cannot always access the export data as the MPAN may not be configured correctly to view it on our system. So, if you are interested in using Hugo for this service, please message us via the app and choose the title Winter Cashback Query.
In the text, say something like:​
Please confirm if my export MPAN data is available.​
We will try to confirm within 24 hours. If it is unavailable, ask your supplier if they provide this service during an event or ask them if they can make the export data available on the open network. We can assist you with a letter template to help with this process. If you can’t participate in the Export incentive, you can still participate in the main scheme.​
The ESO seems like a really helpful scheme, the more people that participate the less chance of blackouts and having to build unnecessary grid capacity to cope with peak demand. The discharge of my home battery at 3.6kw/h covers a fair few homes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here