Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's a top coach isn't he?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Gross? Can't explain it.

Gross has been revitalised in a new quarterback role, with quicker players all around him (rather than Stephens/Propper/Murray) he doesn’t need to be quick, he just needs to have speed of thought, which he very much has.

Playing deeper means he has far more options to pick a penetrative pass to, and suits him even better than the no 10 role he played under Hughton.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Gross has been revitalised in a new quarterback role, with quicker players all around him (rather than Stephens/Propper/Murray) he doesn’t need to be quick, he just needs to have speed of thought, which he very much has.

Playing deeper means he has far more options to pick a penetrative pass to, and suits him even better than the no 10 role he played under Hughton.

Yes.wasnt klopp interested in gross a few seasons ago?
With what you say here,I can see why he was now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Me included. I’m clever but my name’s not Trevor, or Billericay Dickie, or Plaistow Patricia. :drink:

You and [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION], apologies for not including you in my 'mentions' :thumbsup:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He is clearly a brilliant coach. You could probably find 50 people who have worked with and against him who have said so. As much as Daddy Hoo deserves a statue, he would never have brought us back for a point from (to name two) being 2-0 down at Wet Sham and 3-1 down against Wolves the other month.

Appalling home record aside, he's trying to orchestrate a team for whom there is almost no room for error in most games. So much of it comes down to luck. Salah scores that chance against us last night, Dunk misjudges the goalline clearance against Fulham, we score one of our 57 chances against Sheff Yoo, Spurs don't routinely visit Falmer when they're at their worst blah blah blah.

Where motivators can make the difference in lower divisions, coaching might do it in this one. But money talks louder than anything. We're a bottom-six side on budget and could realistically finish a few places above or below 15th. The only pragmatic measure of any manager we have is whether we're in the relegation zone or not.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I don’t agree with TH on much. But he’s spot on with this, there are quite a few “Johnny come lately”s recently.

Where were these impassioned supports of Potter telling us what a great coach he was months ago when most NSC were “Potter out”? There weren’t many of us so I would know.

I think actually, as you’ll know, there were plenty but they were buried in the mire of utter shash spouted by the outers. And like others have said I got tired of defending him, the club, Bloom et al for what has always been a calculated long game and that those not on bored might as well sod off and come back once he’s left us for a top club. Because that’s the only way he’s leaving - on his terms.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think actually, as you’ll know, there were plenty but they were buried in the mire of utter shash spouted by the outers. And like others have said I got tired of defending him, the club, Bloom et al for what has always been a calculated long game and that those not on bored might as well sod off and come back once he’s left us for a top club. Because that’s the only way he’s leaving - on his terms.

It was clear to me that many supporters on here and in the real world kept the faith. I certainly did. Others were more vocal, perhaps, and now like to bang on about to make themselves feel special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here