Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I think we are in a Meta Infinity loop on this site, where every thread that is started that contains odds has the net affect on the actual odds as to make itself true.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I am flabbergasted that 57 folk in here voted for the return of Potter, I really am, he may have a similar set of stats to RDZ, but by god, his departure and that of his sycophants in the aftermath has really left a sour taste... he won't get my support.
Ah well, each to their own. He left, he took the time to explain his rationale to us fans, something not many managers would have done. He gave us three full seasons and some whereas RDZ was agitating to leave after less than two. If he comes back I would be delighted. Now bookies favourite .

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If he crumbles and cries in his first presser, begs for forgiveness and laments his mistakes…

I’d still cast him into Hades.

If he returns, I’ll eat my new (as I ate the last one) Ritchie Blackmore hat.

Ahem

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Betting odds mean only one thing; there are a lot of stupid people about to lose a lot of money. They have no bearing on even the likelihood of our club being interested.

Yep. Just looked on Betfair and the total amounts traded/ available.

A massive £6K has been traded and currently if I put £1 on Steve Cooper his back odds would be slashed from 15/1 to 4/1 (I'm not going to).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is your periodic reminder that bookies odds are calculated entirely through who people are placing the most money on and bear no actual relation to likelihood.

For example, until lunchtime yesterday a General Election in October / November was the overwhelming bookies favourite.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is your periodic reminder that bookies odds are calculated entirely through who people are placing the most money on and bear no actual relation to likelihood.

For example, until lunchtime yesterday a General Election in October / November was the overwhelming bookies favourite.
Indeed. I put a not insignificant sum on one of the contenders who was about 8th in the running and they went up to second.

Reactions: A1X

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How many times does it have to be explained that the bookies odds are not an indicator of real life happenings in a managerial choice ?

(Unless someone is 1/10 or something silly and their is clear evidence the club are in talks)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
How many times does it have to be explained that the bookies odds are not an indicator of real life happenings in a managerial choice ?

(Unless someone is 1/10 or something silly and their is clear evidence the club are in talks)
I’m still unsure…

Can you explain it in plain English ?

🥸

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Ah well, each to their own. He left, he took the time to explain his rationale to us fans, something not many managers would have done. He gave us three full seasons and some whereas RDZ was agitating to leave after less than two. If he comes back I would be delighted. Now bookies favourite .
What rationale?.. like Cucurella, he left with barely a backwards glance, the delayed statement from him was mostly fluff and nonsense... I will always support the team of course, but he won't get any sycophantic plaudits from me on any potential return, neither will his money grabbing sidekicks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ol' soppy bollocks geography teacher has clearly been given the nod for the England job. Don't know why he duly trots along for all these job interviews he clearly has no intention of following up on, unless its to make him seem more desirable to the dullards of the FA, which in turn will increase the value of their job offer

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m still unsure…

Can you explain it in plain English ?

🥸
It appears all this has stemmed from a Times writer suggesting he is a back up if we don't get the Ipswich bloke. So someone has put a tenner on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here