Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I like him as a coach but despise him for throwing us under the bus, yet might have to swallow that if TB brings him back, I hope not. https://www.oddschecker.com/insight...ter-soars-into-contention-to-replace-de-zerbi

I know TB can be brutally pragmatic but this one??? I guess with their proven track record I will just put my trust in TB and PB.

For what it's worth I don't think it will happen. Just how thick skinned would Potter need to be? I cant imagine him getting a very good reception.

Not Odds On:shrug:

Potter %.png
Odds Checker.png

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
As if any of us on here have a choice. TB will do what he thinks is best for BHA from where he’s sitting however, I would be unhappy if he returned. Hopefully as our profile has increased with the quality of the club, so will our choice of manager.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
If this happens I'll eat my cat. (I don't own a hat)

To save your cat, buy a hat!

I never thought that old 1930s Hat Marketing Board campaign slogan would have a chance to come back into use.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'll try and get one of the season tickets being thrown away then. I'm all-in for this, I think it makes sense on so many levels. Was furious when he left, but that was ages ago now, I'm over it and he's had his come-uppance, both in the 4-1 thrashing, his sacking and RDZ getting 6th place. Holding such a long-term grudge over someone moving onto a much-better paid job, especially as we had such fun with his successor, just doesn't make sense to me.

Cold light of day, over his last four or five months we have never played such consistently effective match-winning football in the premier league before or since.

In those few marvellous days between the Leicester win and the Chelsea interest arising I remember trawling message boards of other PL clubs and there was such universal praise and admiration for him, United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea fans were all talking about him as a future coach of theirs. I remember a post on the Palace board - 'Please please will one of the big clubs just appoint him already'.

In football terms its got so much going for it. Most Chairmen would see the negative reaction of a large group of fans and stay well away. But TB isn't most chairman, he's business-like, determined, focused, if its the right move for the club its the move he will make. He also knows the vast majority of fans will fall in line behind him - if he gives it his personal seal of approval, he knows the fans will go along.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can see both sides to this, I fully appreciate those who are totally against it, when he walked out and cleaned house I was absolutely furious, I was delighted to see him fall on his arse at Chelsea.
Would I be against him returning? No, I don’t think I would. He’s had other offers, but is clearly waiting for the right job. IF he came back we’re getting a manager who knows the League, knows the squad and most importantly knows the club, he’ll understand the expectations and limitations, I don’t think he’d cause any trouble as he’d know exactly what he’s getting himself into. Personally I’m warming to the idea, it wouldn’t have the excitement or mystique of appointing a random foreigner from a lesser League, but it would feel safe and somewhat secure.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
My only worry is how quickly would he leave us again when things are going well and a top job comes up. It's like if your Mrs was super hot but she cheated on you, could you ever take her back and trust her again?

Otherwise I'm not entirely against it. Seems like a safe and sensible option.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If Potter comes back - then the first thing I'm doing is cancelling my season ticket.
I suspect very few would actually do this.

Maybe you'd be one of the few?

Maybe you'd come round?

We'll probably never know as it's not likely to happen. It makes you sound tough in the meantime though. :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd prefer it not to be Potter but equally I'm not throwing my toys out of the pram if it is. He wasn't a failure here and I'd challenge anyone to turn down an alleged 6 fold increase in your salary.
Which he is still receiving.

I‘m surprised at how many people seemingly don’t trust Tony Bloom being capable of finding a new manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here