Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's utter bullshit..it's not a betters market. Nobody will be putting money on this. So some clown has spent a fiver EW on Potter because they're drunk.
Each way ?

What places do they pay out on ?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Even if not, Potter transformed Brighton from a team flirting with relegation to a top-half side and some people still can’t accept that. I don’t think you can deny that without Potter, we wouldn’t be in the great position we are in currently (Europe, etc.)

So?

Chris Hughton totally transformed us from Championship relegation bait, turgid football into play off qualifiers and then got us up into the PL and kept us there for 2 seasons.

I don't see anyone clamouring to get Chris back. Love what he did for us, like I love what Potter did but that's completely different to wanting either of them back to manage us.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
So?

Chris Hughton totally transformed us from Championship relegation bait, turgid football into play off qualifiers and then got us up into the PL and kept us there for 2 seasons.

I don't see anyone clamouring to get Chris back. Love what he did for us, like I love what Potter did but that's completely different to wanting either of them back to manage us.
Hughton was fired because he wasn't capable of any better than scraping above relegation every year.

Potter was achieving the club's stated aim of top 10 before he left.

That's the difference.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Well, at least we wouldn't need to worry about Chelsea poaching him.

I still don't think it'll happen and would prefer a new broom, but if TB wants him back, it'll say a lot about how things were handled when he left.

We could do worse.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Could do a whole lot worse! He had an unfinished project going on here - and when he left us, that project was starting to look pretty damn good.
True enough. As I coach I am fine with him. Mind you I think he should be banned from teeth sucking with penalties written into his contract. And yes in some ways on the pitch we were in safer hands than RDZ, I had so much confidence in his defence and we were starting to score goals. It's just the utter betrayal that irks me.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Massive no.

I’d be gutted if we let someone walk out and then pop back to us when things don’t work out. If we get Potter back we send a message that anybody can go somewhere else to see if the grass is greener and we’ll take them back if it doesn’t work out. It sends the complete wrong message.

Never go back. Never.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Doesn't Barberino look just like Gross?

Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington could be Welbeck

1716523622034.png

1716523688564.png

Although maybe Gross looks more like Arnold Horshack.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Massive no.

I’d be gutted if we let someone walk out and then pop back to us when things don’t work out. If we get Potter back we send a message that anybody can go somewhere else to see if the grass is greener and we’ll take them back if it doesn’t work out. It sends the complete wrong message.

Never go back. Never.
A message to who though? No one is going to care, it’s not going to have an impact on any future hirings by the club or how long they might stay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here