Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter – ‘maybe I need a history lesson on this club’.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Do you really think if Potter had wanted them and they were willing to go we wouldn't have taken them as well?

It's a foodchain and we are between Swansea and Chelsea at the moment.
Alan Curtis is their version of Bruno, and no I don’t think he’d have gone. Once a Swan always a Swan in his case.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ah ok - after being booed when we failed to win a game for ages. Yeah I suppose it was a daft comment from him, but then I didn't appreciate the boos anyway.

I couldn't say exactly when it was but he did mention the crowd a couple of times before that Leeds game too. On that specific day, it would have been very easy to play down the tiny number of boos and say, rightly, that the overwhelming majority of fans were very much on-side and had always been very supportive.. "there's always a few you can't please", or some such. That's what almost every manager would do, rather than fuel the story.

It's a small point and history now but a rare mis-step and, I think, an indication that in his own mind, he was only ever just passing through. A bit big for us long term.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If/when he gets booed again when he visits in October we can all look forward to the media and Potter digging up the Leeds incident again and telling us all how they would expect us to show him more appreciation etc.

After all we are only here to marvel at the ‘big six’ every other club has just gate crashed skys party

Was thinking exactly that this morning. There will be some boos, that's for sure. And the outside narrative will be "no wonder he left - their supporters are so entitled" which, given the club's history, we know couldn't be further from the truth for a very large proportion of the fan base.

I suspect the only thing that would alter that perception is a really angry reaction from the entire ground, which might make a few question the manner of his departure. Can't see it happening though. I reckon there'll be about 20% of people steaming, 20% smugly telling them to 'calm down' and applauding politely and 60% just pretending he doesn't exist. Unless we win, in which case he can expect a lot of piss-taking!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
efad8796-cee1-45df-9c34-f7c79157a53d.JPG

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I can empathise with those wanting to boo, the incessant 'Pritchard is a w*nker' at Norwich away in the promotion season was quite satisfying. Possibly small minded but also great 'closure' on what happened. Funny really as history shows we dodged a bullet there

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No leaving statement for Brighton, thanking them for the past three years.

No class.

On making the move to Stamford Bridge, Potter said: ‘I am incredibly proud and excited to represent Chelsea FC, this fantastic football club. I am very excited to partner with Chelsea’s new ownership group and look forward to meeting and working with the exciting group of players and to develop a team and culture that our amazing fans can be proud of. I would also like to place my sincere thanks to Brighton & Hove Albion for allowing me this opportunity and in particular Tony Bloom and all the players, staff and supporters for their continued support during my time at the club.’

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/welcome-to-chelsea-graham-potter

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On making the move to Stamford Bridge, Potter said: ‘I am incredibly proud and excited to represent Chelsea FC, this fantastic football club. I am very excited to partner with Chelsea’s new ownership group and look forward to meeting and working with the exciting group of players and to develop a team and culture that our amazing fans can be proud of. I would also like to place my sincere thanks to Brighton & Hove Albion for allowing me this opportunity and in particular Tony Bloom and all the players, staff and supporters for their continued support during my time at the club.’

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/welcome-to-chelsea-graham-potter

Who is going to look on Chelsea’s website for a message to our club?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No leaving statement for Brighton, thanking them for the past three years.

No class.

But it would be classy to break into the mourning of your queen with a little statement about football?

You know why almost no player or club has communicated after the passing of the Queen? Because it would be considered disrespectful.

I'm 100% sure you'll hear from (at least) Bruno etc. when the time is appropriate.

Personally I wouldn't give a shit but I guarantee you there's 20 press managers in the PL saying "now is not the time to speak about random football stuff".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here