Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “Potter has impressed in testing times” says Bloom

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If you’re interested in hearing from Paul Barber, listen to this weeks Albion Roar. 70 minute interview with him on everything from the club’s approach to lockdown, the new home kit, Ben White and of course, Potters first season. It’s a very good listen

It's a shame that one of the presenters couldn't say a little less. I kept wanting to tell him to shut up.
It was almost as if he was trying too hard to be part of a double act.
Let your guests speak!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Albion head coach Graham Potter has had an excellent first 12 months according to chairman and owner Tony Bloom, who is looking forward to the future with the former Swansea boss at the helm.

Potter, 45, successfully guided the Seagulls to their highest ever Premier League points tally, in what has been a season of ups and downs on and off the pitch.

“Graham has had a brilliant 12 months,” Bloom said.

“It’s never easy coming in for your first Premier League role – he had only had one year’s experience managing in English football and he did very well in difficult circumstances at Swansea.

So he has made quite a few changes, but then he’s had difficult personal circumstances and we’ve had project restart. So it’s been really tough for him as it has been tough for a lot of us. But we’ve been really impressed with a lot of the performances and in the last nine games, where we’ve had to stick in there and get results, he’s managed to get a lot out of the players.

“It’s been a very impressive first season and I am very much looking forward to future seasons with Graham Potter as our head coach.”

The campaign saw the promotion of younger players into the first team squad – something the chairman has been keen to see.

He added, “This has been part of our plan, so we have been thrilled that Aaron [Connolly] and Steven [Alzate] have been a part of our squad for a significant part of the season.

“It’s part of our vision, but the players have to be good enough. We have to ensure we’re doing it right at academy level when we’re bringing in players who are maybe 17, 18, 19, that they’re likely to be good enough to give them a chance to play in the Premier League.

“The players that have gone out on loan have played a lot of minutes at a very high level, particularly in the Championship and Bundesliga 2. So I think the future is bright when it comes to young players and Graham certainly isn’t adverse to playing them if he thinks they’re good enough.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1746303/potter-has-impressed-in-testing-times-says-bloom

You could add that he lost both his parents during this time (I think I’m correct). I think he’s been nothing short of amazing and well done Tony Bloom for having such vision...I wasn’t happy about CH going but after a couple of weeks you began to accept it and move on

Edit I guess that comes under personal circumstances

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The Albion Roar is a decent listen, but it’s annoying when one of the two presenters, Al, is always interrupting the guests.

He doesn't interrupt when Edna's on ... doesn't dare!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It's a shame that one of the presenters couldn't say a little less. I kept wanting to tell him to shut up.
It was almost as if he was trying too hard to be part of a double act.
Let your guests speak!

He doesn't interrupt when Edna's on ... doesn't dare!

I try to listen to all the Albion-related podcasts that are available these days - in my humble opinion, by far the best (exactly because he keeps his questions short and simple and lets his guest speak) is this guy - Brian Horton / Football, the Albion and Me podcast

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Agreed. That Al bloke is the reason I no longer listen to the show.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Very much this. It's a shame as Ady is a good presenter and they generally have good access to guests. Al makes it unlistenable though; rambling questions, interrupting guests and a massive sense of self importance. The episode they did with Bloom was the last straw for me. Access to a guy who very rarely gives interviews, in which Al spent half of the time talking about himself and the other half asking random questions about Sami Hyypia - found myself shouting at my phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here