Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Before covid the team wasn’t playing well and it was all going down hill rather rapidly, the drop looked likely at that point. We ended up with two more points I think than CH managed in his first season.
It was actually just 1 point better than CH managed in his first season and the last game prior to Covid, a goalless draw away at Wolves, was the 10th game in a row we didn't win.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Another Potter shocker.

Went defensive at 1-0, I hear?!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
After dropping 2 more points the best they can hope for now is 6th. And we're 4 points above, 2 games in hand and a +14 goal difference, while Liverpool can now focus on the Prem.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
all a bit familiar, couple of good games then drop points while dominating game.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
After those years of winning silverware who’d be a Chelsea fan? Today’s result must be a new low ebb. 😂
They are of course about to play in a Champions League quarter final against Real Madrid, and we respectively are excited about playing a team from the fourth division in the FA Cup. They also won the competition in 2021, whereas the biggest competition we’ve ever won was the England Supercup in the 1910/11 season.

Not meaning to piss on your cornflakes but a sense of perspective is needed here…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They were OK today. I watched the whole game. But they pass the ball around too slowly. With 'inferior' players we look a whole lot more spicy, even salty.

Which is why we are above them in the league, perhaps :shrug:

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
They are of course about to play in a Champions League quarter final against Real Madrid, and we respectively are excited about playing a team from the fourth division in the FA Cup. They also won the competition in 2021, whereas the biggest competition we’ve ever won was the England Supercup in the 1910/11 season.

Not meaning to piss on your cornflakes but a sense of perspective is needed here…
I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when our win against Plymouth was announced as getting us promoted in 2001. I remember thinking how supporters of the "big" clubs could ever get the level of joy I was experiencing following our promotion from the 4th tier, after everything we had been through. Everything is relative, supporting teams like Chelsea is easy.

PS I still love Micky Adams!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when our win against Plymouth was announced as getting us promoted in 2001. I remember thinking how supporters of the "big" clubs could ever get the level of joy I was experiencing following our promotion from the 4th tier, after everything we had been through. Everything is relative, supporting teams like Chelsea is easy.

Ditto how I felt as a 15 year old on 26 April 1965, when we beat Darlington 3-1 in front of 31,000 at the Goldstone to win Div 4.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

We haven't spent half a billion on players in the last 2 transfer Windows. Its all relative.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I think our view of other clubs is influenced by the era in which we were youngsters/teenagers. On that basis (late 70s/early 80s) I still see Chelsea as a distinctly average club as prone to be in div 2 as div 1. Not helped by Stamford Bridge which is an average ground that was a lot more impressive when it was a dump with a running track.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
The press only chose to look at the last 15-16 games of his career with us, describing his whole tenure as fantastic and what a great job he had done. A win percentage of 31% doesn't suggest this. He was wildly inconsistent. One minute looking like world beaters, next minute didn't know where and when the next point or goal was coming from.
See this attitude annoyed me at the time and it annoys me now. Sure his first seasons in charge (looking purely at the points earned and goals scored) was not much different to CH, but that is where the comparison ended. From the very start we looked like a team who wanted to win, who could win, who belonged in the division rather than a bunch of squatters desperately defending their tenure. TB saw it pretty much straight away which is why he extended the contract after a few games. It takes time to change and rebuild a squad and he did this on a small budget in what I feel was a bloody short amount of time. So I thank him for his work, have disdain for how he left, and am really glad RDZ was scouted and hired and has been able to build on what he inherited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here