Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Potholes

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The country lane on which my work is on, every time there's heavy rain it washes away the papier mache the council used to fill it last time.
It's early hours and dark when I drive to work so now I have to try and figure out where all the holes are appearing again so I don't ruin my car by driving into a crevasse.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FB_IMG_1711228061632.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of our many national embarrassments. (I bet Rwanda has lovely smooth roads)

In the unlikely event of a small cold snap I'm pretty sure all the tarmac in my village roads and on my commute will lift straight off the base layer.

Last month a contractor has laid a fibre cable the entire length of the road snaking through the village.
In doing so they've tarmaced over their trench, so now there is literally - and I literally mean literally - a foot wide smooth corridor of road next to and in some cases even going through potholes the residents of Ukraine would be saying 'come on now'.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are loads of potholing enthusiasts out there who could do the job ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305_110830_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_110830_Facebook.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 49

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a good job the police don't patrol the top of Queen's Park. Firstly they would probably lose a few cars to the pot holes never to be seen again, and secondly I would get pulled over for erratic driving trying to negotiate the chasms appearing on West and North Drive. Those holes could do serious damage to a car. It's getting silly now.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Van went in for a service today, 2 tyres had 'small splits' in them so we recommend they are changed. I expect that was one of the occasions when it was either hit an oncoming vehicle or close my eyes and hope for the best.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Van went in for a service today, 2 tyres had 'small splits' in them so we recommend they are changed. I expect that was one of the occasions when it was either hit an oncoming vehicle or close my eyes and hope for the best.

Well obviously it's your fault as you didn't spot it and drive round it. If you want Personal responsibility you have to deal with it's consequences :wink:

I'm not having a pop at you, just pointing out how ridiculous this situation is where we've somehow managed to get ourselves into a situation where common sense no longer applies :facepalm:

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well obviously it's your fault as you didn't spot it and drive round it. If you want Personal responsibility you have to deal with it's consequences :wink:

I'm not having a pop at you, just pointing out how ridiculous this situation is where we've somehow managed to get ourselves into a situation where common sense no longer applies :facepalm:
That's not being fair. Folk have a lot to concentrate on when they are driving. The other week I went over a giant pothole on Bear Road. Crunch. I was certainly paying attention to my driving.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's not being fair. Folk have a lot to concentrate on when they are driving. The other week I went over a giant pothole on Bear Road. Crunch. I was certainly paying attention to my driving.
Sorry, of course I agree with you, I was trying to be ironic, but couldn't find the emoji :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here