Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Postman Pat.

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
I watched two episodes on Sunday morning and was astonished to see that he has a helicopter now. His round is for a fairly rural area where there is little traffic.
I couldn’t believe it. No wonder a book of stamps is so expensive nowadays.

You think that is bad - head over to Pontypandy with Fireman Sam. A small Welsh village, with as far as I can make out about 30 residents but c.200 houses (presumably they have about 3 houses each or else they are holiday homes) has about three different fire appliances at the fire station, a mountain rescue centre with a helicopter and an amphibious vehicle, plus a fireboat located at its own quayside fully-equipped boathouse! South Wales Fire Service must be very well financed, is all I can think.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I don't really want to derail this thread with a reality check but that helicopter couldn't fly. It has no tail rotor to counteract the torque from the main rotor blades. If the helicopter took off it would just spin on its axis, scattering Pat, Jess and the mail in all directions. Someone should warn him to keep away, it's a death trap.

Pat 3 .jpeg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't really want to derail this thread with a reality check but that helicopter couldn't fly. It has no tail rotor to counteract the torque from the main rotor blades. If the helicopter took off it would just spin on its axis, scattering Pat, Jess and the mail in all directions. Someone should warn him to keep away, it's a death trap.

View attachment 141625

See, it's always the bloody same. Nobody appreciates the stress and workload the likes of Pat are under, and people come on here and sit on their high horses, complaining about elastic bands. Notice his lack of PPE? It's a joke. Nothing is provided, least of all a safe vehicle to fulfill his contracted duties. It hasn't been the same since Consignia.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He delivered a pair of roller skates this morning by helicopter….
Imagine how much that cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here