Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today (Norwich Home)

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I will admit this feels a bit of a stretch but here goes:

- Stopped the losing run.
- a clean sheet
- The three teams in the bottom three failed to gain ground on us, and actually we extended the gap.
- the teams around us aren’t winning either (Brentford aside) and we are still two points off ninth.
- Seeing Mwepu and Sarmiento back gives us more forward options.
- the next few games are essentially free hits where the other teams will feel far more pressure to keep winning. Those fixture always suit us so good we go into that with the losing run ended.

That’s all I got as didn’t see the game so can’t comment on individual performances.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It gives us a clearer picture of just how long term the ambition to be a top 10 side is.

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
We've seem to have stopped the ridiculous tactic of two players lined up to take a corner. Not that it made any difference.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Clinging on to a Burnley and Watford loss to City and Liverpool respectively should not be a positive after failing to even score against the worst team in the league.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Clinging on to a Burnley and Watford loss to City and Liverpool respectively should not be a positive after failing to even score against the worst team in the league.

You’ve got a point- never gonna get an easier way to pull further away from the bottom 3 with the fixtures today. All in our favour but we didn’t capitalise

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I have seen 2 games in the last two and a half years. Burnley and Norwich this season, so to you my friends the positive I can offer is that I will leave it alone for the rest of the season and give you a chance to see a victory. :albion2:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
You’ve got a point- never gonna get an easier way to pull further away from the bottom 3 with the fixtures today. All in our favour but we didn’t capitalise

Sorry to be pedantic but we did pull away. I agree we didn’t fully capitalise but we have extended the gap from what it was this morning.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Maybe another positive is it might just might be the catalyst that gets Tony Bloom to change his approach to signing strikers. The definition of insanity etc etc.

If need be sell Trossard, Biss, and a couple of squad players and throw it all at a forward. Before the usual suspects challenge me on who it should be, frankly I’m not sure whoever it is could do much worse. Sure we pay £30m and it doesn’t work out it’s not great but something has to change. We have suffered this for season after season and Tony Bloom is a savvy man who must be absolutely sick of watching this.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Got to hear the thoughts of Efan Ekoko on commentary. Realise this probably isn’t enough so,

Sarmiento looks lively and fearless (should start)

Lamptey full 90 minutes and taking people on

Sanchez composed and confident

Clean sheet

31 attempts at goal / although XG of 2.7 is telling

Clarity on who shouldn’t take penalties

March showing some aggression and some decent crosses

Cucurella consistent and key tackles

Bissouma being dropped

MacAllister playing well in CM

A lot to be positive about but frankly another frustrating match, which can only be corrected with a change in personal across our forward line.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very clear how shit we are

Absolutely not the case. We played some great football (albeit against the bottom team) which was at times a joy to watch. I came away feeling much more positive than I have for a long time. We were far from "shit".

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I didn't go (again), so didn't have to suffer it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here