Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Positives from today (AEK Away)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yes, I'm very critical of RDZ. Do you disagree that he's been obsessed with Mitoma? JFA had to step in, otherwise RDZ would have ignored his condition and continued to play him. Disagree?
Yep even before youā€™ve typed your second letter.

Reactions: cjd

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ā€˜75
Oct 4, 2003
A precarious situation. It's been reported that it was hamstring strain. He hasn't fully recovered yet. RDZ's exploitation of Mitoma must stop. It's so puzzling that Brighton insist on playing a player, who was on the verge of tearing hamstring after being imposed on such a crazy workload, for 70mins. What's wrong with RDZ and the club?

Absolute bollocks. There is no exploitation of Mitoma, if he wasn't fit he wouldn't play. There is a huge problem with injuries in a lot of leagues this season, and a lot of it is down to the mid-season World Cup and the back log of games it created at the end of last season. So the fault lies with FIFA and the football associations for agreeing to a world cup in a corrupt nation that throws the football calendar out for 90% of the world.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yes, I'm very critical of RDZ. Do you disagree that he's been obsessed with Mitoma?

RDZ is "obsessed" with Mitoma...? Hmmmmm....sure it's not you who is obsessed with Mitoma then...?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Absolute bollocks. There is no exploitation of Mitoma, if he wasn't fit he wouldn't play. There is a huge problem with injuries in a lot of leagues this season, and a lot of it is down to the mid-season World Cup and the back log of games it created at the end of last season. So the fault lies with FIFA and the football associations for agreeing to a world cup in a corrupt nation that throws the football calendar out for 90% of the world.
And it did so well filling FIFA's pocket with money they're doing it again

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

In fairness, how would we know if he was being exploited (though I donā€™t think itā€™s the right word, overused is better) by us? We arenā€™t privy to his medical details to know and letā€™s face it he plays most games and he does look a bit off form sometimes and weā€™ve all said he looks like he needs a rest.

Players play when unfit and actually injured all the time, at every club, we saw Dunk last night strapped up in the shoulder. I doubt we are actually all that different.

I know we donā€™t like to admit it, but itā€™s not that unlikely the Japanese have a point, though if he were not pulling out of internationals then I doubt they would be saying so much publicly.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ā€˜75
Oct 4, 2003
In fairness, how would we know if he was being exploited (though I donā€™t think itā€™s the right word, overused is better) by us? We arenā€™t privy to his medical details to know and letā€™s face it he plays most games and he does look a bit off form sometimes and weā€™ve all said he looks like he needs a rest.

Players play when unfit and actually injured all the time, at every club, we saw Dunk last night strapped up in the shoulder. I doubt we are actually all that different.

I know we donā€™t like to admit it, but itā€™s not that unlikely the Japanese have a point, though if he were not pulling out of internationals then I doubt they would be saying so much publicly.
We donā€™t know what niggles Mitoma might be playing with,. But if as this other poster has previously claimed Mitoma had a muscle strain that was in the verge of a tear we wouldnā€™t be playing him. We wouldnā€™t take the risk, it would be better to rest the strain for a few weeks than risk months out with a full tear.

There are injuries that effect a players fitness and ability to play and then there are injuries like Dunks shoulder and Joao Pedros hand which donā€™t stop a them from playing even though they are technically injured.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, but apart from that ...
And to add, Mitoma has indicated that he does his own tests to get more up-to-date info on his condition. If he's that interested about his overall condition, don't think he'd be volunteering to tear a hamstring

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here