Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Roma destroying us

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
A really big positive will be when all the doom mongers and nay sayers piss off and leave the proper fans alone in our misery. :shrug:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I wouldn't be too sure on taking the taxi on the way there.

I did and got completely screwed over by some old dodger who dropped me off the wrong side of the stadium. I had to walk round and at certain point mainly by the bridge it felt like I was gonna be set upon by a pack of dogs.

Me and brother were subjected to shouting in the face , cut throat gestures , anti English abuse (can take that one), was certainly a buzz when we made it in one piece but bloody scary.
I was actually planning to walk there taking my time avoiding the bridge you crossed and circling round to north. It’s a fair point but TBH all the faffing around with buses puts me off. Will be more selective if we ever qualify again

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was actually planning to walk there taking my time avoiding the bridge you crossed and circling round to north. It’s a fair point but TBH all the faffing around with buses puts me off. Will be more selective if we ever qualify again
I didn't even cross the bridge I just walked by it !!!! Not nice

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
-Adingra, Fati and Lamptey all put in decent performances.

- Another pinch yourself that ‘we were there’ moment.

- personally, not getting stabbed or robbed 🤣

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
One positive is it's making me think harder about stuff, although any logic may be unhelpful 😂:
In his post match interview, Roberto said something like... when mentioning all our injuries...: "we really missed Milner on the pitch with his big match experience".
Ok, then what about Lallana, our"coach on the pitch " but still he wasn't played in Rome?? Maybe he could have steadied the ship and help link some passing in the first half?
Was he only to be brought on for his experience if we were leading Roma 0-3? I don't get it 🤷🏼‍♂️...help, anyone?.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One positive is it's making me think harder about stuff, although any logic may be unhelpful 😂:
In his post match interview, Roberto said something like... when mentioning all our injuries...: "we really missed Milner on the pitch with his big match experience".
Ok, then what about Lallana, our"coach on the pitch " but still he wasn't played in Rome?? Maybe he could have steadied the ship and help link some passing in the first half?
Was he only to be brought on for his experience if we were leading Roma 0-3? I don't get it 🤷🏼‍♂️...help, anyone?.

Hasn’t Lallana been shit this season, completely unable to impose himself on games?

Whereas Milner has done okay at DM.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Hasn’t Lallana been shit this season, completely unable to impose himself on games?

Whereas Milner has done okay at DM.
Yes, he's been a disappointment...some little touches but no end result. He may be carrying an injury I guess.
But if RDZ won't play him say first half even against Roma, then let's admit he's a benchwarmer.
I think Enciso and Facu showed inexperience on that big stage (I love them both!).. . Lallana 's experience might have helped calm things 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, he's been a disappointment...some little touches but no end result. He may be carrying an injury I guess.
But if RDZ won't play him say first half even against Roma, then let's admit he's a benchwarmer.
I think Enciso and Facu showed inexperience on that big stage (I love them both!).. . Lallana 's experience might have helped calm things 🤷🏼‍♂️.

I think the game’s been up for Lallana all season, a great career, but his legs have gone and in Amex cameos he’s even lost his immaculate passing game. I don’t go to away games, so I wouldn’t know if he’s been brilliant on the road.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Veltman should have been playing LOADS of European experience

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think the game’s been up for Lallana all season, a great career, but his legs have gone and in Amex cameos he’s even lost his immaculate passing game. I don’t go to away games, so I wouldn’t know if he’s been brilliant on the road.
Yes, true... I expect he'll transition into a coach for us (or someone) next season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Veltman should have been playing LOADS of European experience
De Zerbi doesn't seem to fancy Joel, which seems bizarre given he has probably been our second most reliable player after Pascal since he arrived.

But then rotating keepers and playing a three back with two CBs bombing on is bizarre, hasn't worked but doesn't change, so I can't say I'm too surprised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here