Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Portugal v Ireland

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You are shite.

He is pretty good yes.

Dont like him, but will be fun to watch him.
If pretty good is the best player of all time and still top 5 at the moment then yes, he's pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great player - but he should not have been on the pitch - he punched Dara O'Shea in the shoulder while the VAR review for the penalty was taking place.

I salute your partizanship.

Nothing beats a well-considered perspective than a bit of gut emotion.

At the football.

:thumbsup:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am a critic of Connolly but couple of chances missed aside, thought he had a good game

Jul 7, 2003
But during that 5 minutes there should have been reasons for him to extend it as much as he did.

It could be that the ref already had 5 minutes and 30 seconds to be added so has to say 5 as if the board said 6 people would complain he blew the final whistle early. Any additional stoppage could easily the take it over 6 minutes.

Ultimately, the referee is the only one who knows how much added time there really is.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It could be that the ref already had 5 minutes and 30 seconds to be added so has to say 5 as if the board said 6 people would complain he blew the final whistle early. Any additional stoppage could easily the take it over 6 minutes.

Ultimately, the referee is the only one who knows how much added time there really is.

Definitely need timekeeping to be out of the refs hands and known to all viewers in and out of the stadium.

But in this instance, probably no great injustice done. The team who had been timewasting through the game got a bit of extra time added.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I salute your partizanship.

Nothing beats a well-considered perspective than a bit of gut emotion.

At the football.

:thumbsup:

Nothing partisan - Portugal were the better team and deserved to win over the ninety minutes - but Ireland gave them a real game (important given how poor Ireland have been since Kenny became manager).

However, the reality is that Ronaldo should not have been on the pitch to score the two goals - during the VAR for the penalty he punched Dara O'Shea - something that should have been reviewed by VAR and wasn't - and something he should have been sent off for. However, this was a prime time fest for TV - would Ronaldo break the record - and he couldn't do that if he wasn't on the pitch. If it had been an Irish player who threw the punch his feet wouldn't have touched the ground before he hit the tunnel he would have been sent off so fast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here