Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Port Vale fan goes after referee when he awards a late penalty to Portsmouth

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit disappointed that the players or stewards allowed him that many yards, both teams are twats though!
I remember watching (on TV) Scotland playing at Hampden Park in the 70s or 80s when a (probably drunk) spectator decided to try this ungainly-in-a-raincoat running on to the pitch thing. One of the Scottish players (I think it was Gordon McQueen, but for fear of litigation won't swear to it!) tackled him. I put it in italics because as a tackle the ball was nowhere near (although one or two of the smaller, more personal, kind may have been eviscerated) but the tackle was high, hard, studs up (and well aimed) at full speed and with maximum force. You almost felt sorry for the crumpled heap of twitching misery and pain that was unceremoniously dragged off by the police - almost! Everybody cheered though.

They're not allowed to do that these days.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember watching (on TV) Scotland playing at Hampden Park in the 70s or 80s when a (probably drunk) spectator decided to try this ungainly-in-a-raincoat running on to the pitch thing. One of the Scottish players (I think it was Gordon McQueen, but for fear of litigation won't swear to it!) tackled him. I put it in italics because as a tackle the ball was nowhere near (although one or two of the smaller, more personal, kind may have been eviscerated) but the tackle was high, hard, studs up (and well aimed) at full speed and with maximum force. You almost felt sorry for the crumpled heap of twitching misery and pain that was unceremoniously dragged off by the police - almost! Everybody cheered though.

They're not allowed to do that these days.

One of my favourites, from 0:50, even slaps from 19st warriors cause damage.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a Grade A f***ing numpty. He won't be going to football again for a very long time.
Port Vale v Portsmouth would suggest the ban was already in effect.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was it a 'stonewaller'?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Was expecting it to be a coked up 20-something. 62? Grow up, bellend.

Lifetime ban for doing something stupid like that IMO.
I think he may well face something a little harsher than that. What a fool. I’d imagine it’s not his first brush with argy bargy either.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Players and officials are told not to engage with pitch invaders for their own safety and other bobbins in case the invader is carrying a weapon,like a bottle top or a sharpened plastic cup for instance,so I guess that's why you don't see the players intervene,also if they do, they face disciplinary action! With a minimum of a on field yellow card or retrospective red cards and hefty fines WTF! It's mad old world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here