Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Popeyes chicken - UK

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
my kids loved popeyes in singapore. i couldn't figure it out though. they sell a scone biscuit thing and the most revolting fries, nevermind their mangy chicken.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I work with a guy who loves Popeye's chicken. He convinced us to order it for a team lunch meeting once. I'd had it once before and I wasn't impressed but I was willing to give it another try. It was f***ing terrible. Dried out chicken which tasted like it had been marinated solely in salt.

They also opened the first Chik-fil-A (what a terrible name) here a couple of years ago. For the first few weeks people were queueing for hours to get some. It's just fried chicken, I don't get it :shrug:

I share a similar opinion of Nando’s. If you like paying over the odds for slightly seasoned chicken, fries and spicy peas then crack on, but in my humble experience it’s an utter bag of shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it that US bleached/chlorinated chicken?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I virtually never touch KFC or the similar versions thanks to the dietary control exerted over me by Mrs V....

Every six months or so I manage to covertly buy a box and I always end up feeling sick after munching through all that fat and salt. You then have to drink a couple of pints of water to get rid of both. It always looks so nice in the advertising yet I always end up feeling " Why am I eating this shit?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here