Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pop up Advertisements

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Bozza, why are we being subjected to these annoying Pop Ups. I am particularly preturbed by the specific QUICK QUID advertisement offering quick loans at an APR OF 1734%. Surley this is not the type of advertisement that we want to see on NSC, ripping off our supporters. There is enough hardship about at the moment, without adding to it .
NSC might receive a fee for them, but should draw the line on the likes of these.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are no pop-up ads on NSC - I hate them as much as you.

There was an issue recently where Google Adsense network, who supply the banner in the top right, was compromised somehow, but Google got to the bottom of that in the end.

This could be something similar, but this is the first I've heard about it if so.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
There are no pop-up ads on NSC - I hate them as much as you.

There was an issue recently where Google Adsense network, who supply the banner in the top right, was compromised somehow, but Google got to the bottom of that in the end.

This could be something similar, but this is the first I've heard about it if so.

Then what are all these support NSC post then, I mistakenly took them for Pop Ups. My comments on Quick Quid still applies in this instant.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Then what are all these support NSC post then, I mistakenly took them for Pop Ups. My comments on Quick Quid still applies in this instant.

People who are not logged into NSC see more ads than those who are. You were not logged into NSC when you saw that.

There is limited control we have on the ads that are presented but a large number of them will be tailored to each individual user.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here