[Albion] Poor Match Officials Today

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
2 mates in the Chelsea end saw a completely different game the stupid twats

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
In todays climate it was 100% at least a yellow card offence for James for endangering an opponent and there are plenty of refs that would have shown him a red. Atwell is generally the worst ref in the division by quite a distance.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Strange that he booked Dunk for the 1st foul he committed when every challenge that Zouma made was a foul, and as for James!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly and it looked very 50/50 as to who was doing the fouling. Looked like he booked Dunk to show that he held no bias though how James stayed on is a complete mystery...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
2 mates in the Chelsea end saw a completely different game the stupid twats

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

There’s such thing as a Chelsea “mate”

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't see many bad errors from the refs, yet players from both teams were very annoyed with them. It's a sign that you both lack authority and communication.
It's a sign you don't know so much about football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was close to the ball, as the video clearly show, but didn't get it as he lost the header.
That is a crucial point in football. If you're just late, and just miss the ball, and then wipe out the opponent, it's a foul.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
But if the same challenge was made on the floor with feet and opposition player is late and clatters opponent with leg/foot, it is a booking or maybe red card. If challenge is late...but in air or on ground it shouldn’t make any difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In the 70s and 80s there would have been actual fighting on the terraces during the game before everyone went off to wait for the pub to reopen so they could have a pint of pisswater before they went home to watch racists telling jokes on black and white televisions.

Those were the days

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yea sure every time Dunk goes into a challenge the whole crowd lets out an oh shit noise and then the opposition player leaves the pitch. That was a hospital challenge and he knew what he was doing.

Life must be great with those Brighton tinted specs on.

If it was the other way round everyone on here would think it was unlucky rather than malicious.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Officials facilitated the dirtiest team i've seen this season. If he'd given the bookings which were richly deserved in the first half, we wouldn't have had such a niggly game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My thoughts exactly and it looked very 50/50 as to who was doing the fouling. Looked like he booked Dunk to show that he held no bias though how James stayed on is a complete mystery...

Actually thought the Dunk booking ordinarily was correct, however given the hapless ref had ignored persistent foul play by James, and several similar fouls by others it was a bizarre decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That collision with Burn was just one of those unfortunate incidents. Laughable that people think he deserved booking for it. If Dunk did that we’d be praising how brave he was.
Those incidents do happen, but 1) we wouldn't call Dunk brave for doing the same, he's always putting his body on the line, so we're used to it, and 2) we wouldn't be surprised if he got a yellow card, because he was late and hit his opponent.

Life must be great with those Brighton tinted specs on.

If it was the other way round everyone on here would think it was unlucky rather than malicious.
Yes, because we know what Dunk is like, and he doesn't go in for headers late on purpose. And maybe this challenge was unlucky rather than malicious, but it was still a bookable offence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Those incidents do happen, but 1) we wouldn't call Dunk brave for doing the same, he's always putting his body on the line, so we're used to it, and 2) we wouldn't be surprised if he got a yellow card, because he was late and hit his opponent.

Yes, because we know what Dunk is like, and he doesn't go in for headers late on purpose. And maybe this challenge was unlucky rather than malicious, but it was still a bookable offence.

If any Brighton player went in like that and picked up a card of either colour I'd be annoyed with the player for stupidity, not lauding their bravery. To suppose otherwise is whataboutery combined with assumption. Of course, in the heat of the moment in the ground you'd be giving stick to the ref and not the player because you're the home crowd and part of the home crowd's job should be intimidating officials into giving iffy decisions your way, but I certianly wouldn't be on here or twitter or wherever defending the player afterwards. It's a dangerous challenge. End of.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"You" in the second quote = the ref
Really? Ok, fair enough. With English not your first language, I'd not usually say any more, but I know Swedes are really good at languages so... your post should say 'It's a sign that you lack both authority and communication.'. Because you've written 'both lack', that means that two people (or groups) lack authority etc.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Really? Ok, fair enough. With English not your first language, I'd not usually say any more, but I know Swedes are really good at languages so... your post should say 'It's a sign that you lack both authority and communication.'. Because you've written 'both lack', that means that two people (or groups) lack authority etc.

Thanks for clearing that one up :smile:i did wonder what he meant to say , double dutch innit ! lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here