Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Poland and abortion.

Jackthelad2

Sep 2, 2020
I would never call an abortion progressive or liberal. It's an utter failure of society that there are so many. I don't know if education is key but you would think people would at least use protection in this day and age.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I find it absolutely mind blowing that anyone can be anti abortion in the year 2021, and any man who thinks he should have any say in what a woman does with her own body needs to get a grip. Put it this way, to all the blokes who are opposing abortion in this thread - if the shoe was on the other foot, would you go through the whole 9 months of pregnancy and birth, to bring a child into this earth who you cannot support? You've ruined your own life, and you're not in the least bit ready, so the potential baby's life will be awful too. Two lives ruined and a huge, traumatic physical toll to yourself, to save a clump of cells with no comprehension of thought, feelings or emotions. And this is all entirely without considering the most awful of cases in which the pregnancy is a result of rape, the resulting child a constant reminder of what is probably the most traumatic event of your life. Being anti abotion is just an absurd position to hold and I find it sickening that men, who will never have to deal with any of the consequences, believe they should have any say whatsoever in whichever choice the woman makes on the matter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Any woman who is raped should have access to the morning after pill, without any questions. That is before the sperm & egg even fuse to form a foetus. No anti abortionist can object to that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Any woman who is raped should have access to the morning after pill, without any questions. That is before the sperm & egg even fuse to form a foetus. No anti abortionist can object to that.

Yet some do. Jacob Rees-Mogg is one such, I believe.
Here is the difficulty, you do see a situation and a time frame where to you, it is acceptable. And almost everyone does, but we have different criteria for when and why.

I could put another situation, where a young girl is raped by a member of family or family friend, she doesn't have the ability, or confidence or presence of mind to go and see a doctor for a morning after pill, and if she considers it, may hesitate at the doctor informing parents, or of having to bring the whole sorry situation into the light. She waits a few weeks and hopes her period comes, it doesn't, she waits a week or two more to be sure, but then what?
Do we say, sorry love, should have got it sorted next day, too late now? Does she have to prove the rape in a court first? If she has the abortion but the rape case is found not guilty, is she charged with murder?

No one likes it, no one wants it to happen, and no one that has the procedure just forgets about it.

For information, when a sperm and egg fuse, they create a zygote, the zygote then takes a few days to travel to the Uterus, doubling up in cell numbers as it goes, by the time the bundle of cells reaches the Uterus it is a bundle of about 2 or 3 hundred cells called a blastocyst, which may or may not implant into the wall of the uterus, by this time it is about ten days after fertilisation. After implantation in the uterus, some of the cells start to form the embryo, and some start to form the placenta, but the cells are not called an embryo until the amniotic sac is formed, which will be about a fortnight after fertilisation. The embryo starts to form the organs of the body and after about 10 weeks all the organs are formed apart from the brain and spinal cord, and this stage is the foetus. So, if you are against aborting a foetus, there are 10 weeks past fertilisation in which a woman could abort. I personally am of the view that the vast majority of abortions not medically advised, should take place prior to the 12th week of pregnancy, I believe that around 70% are, but one of the reasons for abortions not taking place at the soonest opportunity is that is not a straightforward and easy decision to take.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yet some do. Jacob Rees-Mogg is one such, I believe.
Here is the difficulty, you do see a situation and a time frame where to you, it is acceptable. And almost everyone does, but we have different criteria for when and why.

I could put another situation, where a young girl is raped by a member of family or family friend, she doesn't have the ability, or confidence or presence of mind to go and see a doctor for a morning after pill, and if she considers it, may hesitate at the doctor informing parents, or of having to bring the whole sorry situation into the light. She waits a few weeks and hopes her period comes, it doesn't, she waits a week or two more to be sure, but then what?
Do we say, sorry love, should have got it sorted next day, too late now? Does she have to prove the rape in a court first? If she has the abortion but the rape case is found not guilty, is she charged with murder?

No one likes it, no one wants it to happen, and no one that has the procedure just forgets about it.

For information, when a sperm and egg fuse, they create a zygote, the zygote then takes a few days to travel to the Uterus, doubling up in cell numbers as it goes, by the time the bundle of cells reaches the Uterus it is a bundle of about 2 or 3 hundred cells called a blastocyst, which may or may not implant into the wall of the uterus, by this time it is about ten days after fertilisation. After implantation in the uterus, some of the cells start to form the embryo, and some start to form the placenta, but the cells are not called an embryo until the amniotic sac is formed, which will be about a fortnight after fertilisation. The embryo starts to form the organs of the body and after about 10 weeks all the organs are formed apart from the brain and spinal cord, and this stage is the foetus. So, if you are against aborting a foetus, there are 10 weeks past fertilisation in which a woman could abort. I personally am of the view that the vast majority of abortions not medically advised, should take place prior to the 12th week of pregnancy, I believe that around 70% are, but one of the reasons for abortions not taking place at the soonest opportunity is that is not a straightforward and easy decision to take.

Short reply, Jacob Rees-Mogg manufacturers the morning after pill. It doesn’t have to be a doctor, as they’re available at chemists.

Yes, I am with you about the time frame. There are notable exceptions where I knew a couple who were told at the 21 week scan, the baby didn’t have a brain. It would be so cruel to force the woman to carry the baby for another 19 weeks, force her to have labour knowing it had no chance of life once separated from the placenta.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Exactly! But that is the classic scenario that the militant anti abortionists fail to answer. So if your 16 year old daughter gets pregnant by rape they'd be happy to bring up a rapist's baby lest she be labelled a murderer? Bizarre!

Jackthelad2

Sep 2, 2020
I find it absolutely mind blowing that anyone can be anti abortion in the year 2021, and any man who thinks he should have any say in what a woman does with her own body needs to get a grip. Put it this way, to all the blokes who are opposing abortion in this thread - if the shoe was on the other foot, would you go through the whole 9 months of pregnancy and birth, to bring a child into this earth who you cannot support? You've ruined your own life, and you're not in the least bit ready, so the potential baby's life will be awful too. Two lives ruined and a huge, traumatic physical toll to yourself, to save a clump of cells with no comprehension of thought, feelings or emotions. And this is all entirely without considering the most awful of cases in which the pregnancy is a result of rape, the resulting child a constant reminder of what is probably the most traumatic event of your life. Being anti abotion is just an absurd position to hold and I find it sickening that men, who will never have to deal with any of the consequences, believe they should have any say whatsoever in whichever choice the woman makes on the matter.

Millions of people are happy to adopt and bring the children up, what's more absurd is you value life by money, you are supporting abortion based on predictions that may not even happen. That's pretty sick. "You ruined your life" that is such a selfish way of thinking, no responsibility in that at all. "Clump of cells" some abortions are 24 weeks that's not "cells" also we as a society abort babies that fully grown who have down syndrome, that is very sick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here