Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Points from a losing position

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was a thread on here within the last few months that bemoaned our ability to come back once we fell behind. Annoyingly, I can't find it, so I'll start another one.

In that thread a few, including me I think, made a couple of points in rebuttal...

1. We've been so good, over the last year or so, that we don't tend to fall behind very often, ie it's a relatively small sample size.
2. Coming from behind to win, in the Premier League, doesn't actually happen very often at all for any club.

Anyway, yesterday was our 12th point picked up after falling behind...

Bournemouth (h) - 3
Liverpool (h) - 1
Everton (a) - 1
Forest (a) - 3
Brentford (h) - 3
Burnley (h) - 1

Only Liverpool have clawed back more points from a losing position than us this season.

Beyond the league, there was the fantastic comeback in Marseille to secure the club's first ever point in European football.

So, yes, it's bloody frustrating to keep falling behind and to fail to keep clean sheets in the league but this team has BIG BALLS. Heads don't drop and we keep going.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, saw that, something we should be proud of…..

O/T (apologies) @Bozza but did you see the 67 changes this season stat as well, 23 more than the nearest team
I saw that too. Needs must. Also I like the fact we don't have a 'best eleven'. Any club that has a dominant best eleven may do well for a while but when the injuries arrive they are likely to be very affected by the loss of key players. Strength in depth.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I saw that too. Needs must. Also I like the fact we don't have a 'best eleven'. Any club that has a dominant best eleven may do well for a while but when the injuries arrive they are likely to be very affected by the loss of key players. Strength in depth.
The Stripey Saudis are a good current example. They are still doing far too well for my liking though but there's still time for them to tumble further down the table.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes all well and good, but can't I have an enormous whinge about the fact that we've only picked up 5 home points against the promoted teams and, quite clearly, I'm entitled to more than that purely on the basis that this is the club that I support.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yes all well and good, but can't I have an enormous whinge about the fact that we've only picked up 5 home points against the promoted teams and, quite clearly, I'm entitled to more than that purely on the basis that this is the club that I support.
Shouldn’t you be used to it by now???

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
On a related note, I'd love to see the number of points we've taken from teams say 14th and below on the table at the time we play them across the last couple of seasons. I would really love to see if we struggle against them as I think we do...maybe a different thread required...unless someone has those stats...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
These days, such is our ability to create scoring opportunities, I always think we can get something even when we fall behind.

Last season, not only did we have more shots than any team in the league but we also had the best shot accuracy.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
On a related note, I'd love to see the number of points we've taken from teams say 14th and below on the table at the time we play them across the last couple of seasons. I would really love to see if we struggle against them as I think we do...maybe a different thread required...unless someone has those stats...
Last season’s record against the bottom half teams was very good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here