Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pochettino: "VAR’s all-seeing eye robs game of aggression"

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Mauricio Pochettino believes VAR has made it harder to coach players to be nasty. Chelsea’s manager, who ripped into his squad after last weekend’s 4-1 defeat at Newcastle, said the introduction of technology meant there was no point in practising dark arts in training.

“Before if I punch or kick someone when the ball was over there, if the referee didn’t see me there wasn’t VAR,” he said. “Now if the ball is over there and I kick or punch someone there are 200 cameras watching everything. Boom, red card.

“You cannot behave like this in training. You cannot show this type of aggression. Then you build your character in different ways. That is why players are different now. When we talk about the way VAR is going to affect the way we are going to educate our players, it is completely different. That is a big worry.”

What a shame, Poch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"Mauricio Pochettino believes VAR has made it harder to coach players to be nasty. Chelsea’s manager, who ripped into his squad after last weekend’s 4-1 defeat at Newcastle, said the introduction of technology meant there was no point in practising dark arts in training.

“Before if I punch or kick someone when the ball was over there, if the referee didn’t see me there wasn’t VAR,” he said. “Now if the ball is over there and I kick or punch someone there are 200 cameras watching everything. Boom, red card.

“You cannot behave like this in training. You cannot show this type of aggression. Then you build your character in different ways. That is why players are different now. When we talk about the way VAR is going to affect the way we are going to educate our players, it is completely different. That is a big worry.”

What a shame, Poch.
…….and the there’s Joel Veltman :lol:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

What a shame, Poch.
Is this a parody? Is he upset his players can't kick and punch people off the ball? Bit weird.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
He’s complaining that VAR has stopped players from cheating! It wouldn’t really be any different if Hodgson had said a few years ago “VAR is such a shame for players like Zaha, who has practiced diving for years and perfected it to an art form. Now when he puts in the perfect dive and convinces the referee, there are 200 cameras. Boom, no penalty and a yellow card.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here