Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Plumber

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have a problem with a Sottini tap that has an occasional drip. The Homeserve (insurance) plumber said the valve is calcified and I need a new bath/shower mono mixer. Unfortunately Sottini are no longer trading and these taps or similar are hard to come by. I have sourced a replacement valve, but the question is might a non insurance plumber spend the time to get the old valve out and replace it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have a problem with a Sottini tap that has an occasional drip. The Homeserve (insurance) plumber said the valve is calcified and I need a new bath/shower mono mixer. Unfortunately Sottini are no longer trading and these taps or similar are hard to come by. I have sourced a replacement valve, but the question is might a non insurance plumber spend the time to get the old valve out and replace it?

I'm just about the most technically incompetent DIY-er you could ever find but even I found changing a couple of tap valves a doddle....youtube is your friend, there's probably a post on there of someone changing the exact model

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

So long as it can be isolated, mostly it can be done in an hour. If it's been leaking and scaled up, boil a few kettles and carefully pour over tap in advance.. might save you extra labour or a new tap..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here