Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Players Cars

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Long gone are the days when l regularly saw Kurt Nogan driving into the Goldstone car park in his Citroen AX.

Remember seeing Liam Rosenior's old man (then at West Ham) drive into the Goldstone Car Park in a Citroen BX. My mate's dad had one and I used to get motion sickness in it - something to do with the suspension.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seriously, those AMGs in the car park were all well in excess of £100K. Thing is, for EPL players, they get the most amazing deals from the likes of Mercedes, Audi, Porsche etc to buy their cars, they pay very little (relatively) for them. I recall when I used to sponsor Matt Sparrows kit, at the end of season dinner he was all chuffed with himself as he had just got a brand new top of the range M Class, he told us about the Mercedes VIP scheme and how little it cost him to be driving it.

Makes sense, from my experience with Alfa Romeo Customer Relations, I doubt things like that are even on their radar :lolol:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Lancia Thema for Justin Fashanu

JF.jpg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Blimey, the old adage “a fool and his money...” springs to mind

Usually, yes, but put this into earnings context.

£100k is, what, 2 or 3 weeks pay for a BHA pro footballer.
Now revert to what you earn in 2 or 3 weeks and tell me whether your car is more, or less, than the equivalent.

Anyone on £52k per annum, is £1k per week, so £3k for your car or otherwise you're a fool?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Makes sense, from my experience with Alfa Romeo Customer Relations, I doubt things like that are even on their radar :lolol:

AR have customer relations ? I thought they just made cars and flogged themout the back door . . . . just like being a Lambretta wner, the factory shut before I was born 50 years ago!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here