Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Wolves (h)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Steele 7.5 -- not much to do, but still pulled off a great save in the first half, and his distribution is up there with the very best of PL gks
Veltman 7 -- doesn't look good for his hamstring
Webster 8.5 -- imperious, the shirt is his for the moment
Dunk 8.5 -- simply brilliant on the ball
Estupinan 7 -- great engine, a little clumsy at times, had a few opportunities to score
Gilmour 9 MotM -- Moises who? Played DeZerbiball with aplomb
Gross 9 -- just outstanding, led the press, kept going until the final whistle yet again, and two sublime finishes
March 7.5 -- solid display
Enciso 9 -- another outrageous talent, can turn on a six pence, two great assists too
Welbeck 8 -- two good finishes, good link up play, some lovely turns in the middle of the park setting up counter-attacks
Undav 8.5 -- slow start but that didn't last long, the goal lifted him, and as much as the crowd were treated by that sublime chip, the favour was returned with his new song

Subs: n/a

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Steele 10 - perfect at everything and his distribution is wonderful.

Veltman 8
Webster 9.5
Dunk 9 - back to his best.
Estupinan 8 - at times a marauding centre-forward, he could've scored 4 or 5 :lolol: . Defensively he had to handle both Neto and Semedo, until we adjusted with Dunk covering.

Gilmour 9.5
Gross 10 MOTM The Kaiser
March 8.5 - returned the love with a good display, including defensive cover when Veltman was caught up field.
Enciso 9.5

Welbeck 9 - masterful, bossed two lumps.
Undav 9 - he arrived at the Albion party!

Subs:
Buonanotte 4 - just couldn't get into it this time imho.
Caicedo 8
Mac A 6 - not at his best in final passes/decision making.
Mitoma 7.5 - destroyed their entire right side, but please stop going to ground in the box.
Ayari 7.5 - looked at home, great pace.

WOLVES:
Kilman, Collins, Nunes - 0

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Steele 7
Veltman 8 - comfortable but looks like we rushed him back from injury 😬
Webster 8
Dunk 8 - back to his best.
Estupinan 8
Gilmour 9 - MoM
Gross 8.5
March 7.5
Enciso 8.5
Welbeck 8.5
Undav 7.5

Buonanotte 7
Caicedo 8
Mac A 7
Mitoma 8
Ayari 7

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I thought Billy Gilmour was excellent; the bedrock of today's victory was based on his pulling the strings in the first 30 mins. I hope he now gets the match time he deserves. Definitely my MOTM today...
I thought he was great too but who are we leaving out for him? Hes really an Ali Mac so that would be the obvious choice. Doesnt tackle enough for a Caicedo replacement.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Enciso was quite up to it when I saw him come on against Villa, BUT what do I know, absolutely stunning out there today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Steele 7.5 -- not much to do, but still pulled off a great save in the first half, and his distribution is up there with the very best of PL gks
Veltman 7 -- doesn't look good for his hamstring
Webster 8.5 -- imperious, the shirt is his for the moment
Dunk 8.5 -- simply brilliant on the ball
Estupinan 7 -- great engine, a little clumsy at times, had a few opportunities to score
Gilmour 9 MotM -- Moises who? Played DeZerbiball with aplomb
Gross 9 -- just outstanding, led the press, kept going until the final whistle yet again, and two sublime finishes
March 7.5 -- solid display
Enciso 9 -- another outrageous talent, can turn on a six pence, two great assists too
Welbeck 8 -- two good finishes, good link up play, some lovely turns in the middle of the park setting up counter-attacks
Undav 8.5 -- slow start but that didn't last long, the goal lifted him, and as much as the crowd were treated by that sublime chip, the favour was returned with his new song

Subs: n/a
Gross - MoM for me and Undav 8.

Otherwise agree with these.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Steele 10 - perfect at everything and his distribution is wonderful.

Veltman 8
Webster 9.5
Dunk 9 - back to his best.
Estupinan 8 - at times a marauding centre-forward, he could've scored 4 or 5 :lolol: . Defensively he had to handle both Neto and Semedo, until we adjusted with Dunk covering.

Gilmour 9.5
Gross 10 MOTM The Kaiser
March 8.5 - returned the love with a good display, including defensive cover when Veltman was caught up field.
Enciso 9.5

Welbeck 9 - masterful, bossed two lumps.
Undav 9 - he arrived at the Albion party!

Subs:
Buonanotte 4 - just couldn't get into it this time imho.
Caicedo 8
Mac A 6 - not at his best in final passes/decision making.
Mitoma 7.5 - destroyed their entire right side, but please stop going to ground in the box.
Ayari 7.5 - looked at home, great pace.

WOLVES:
Kilman, Collins, Nunes - 0

Nailed it! Pascal just gets better and better, 6 years on and still being raved about - what other player has ever done that?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
According to Wiki, Gilmour has played 1 more game for Scotland at Under 15 level to senior side than he has senior league games. Not bad for a MoM contender.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Steele 8.5 Great stops. One flap.

Veltman 8. Solid.
Webster 8.5. Excellent apart from one error at the end.
Dunk 8.5. Not much to do but really looked focused and good moving the ball around the back.
Estupinan 9. Took advantage of not having to do any defensive work. Should really have scored to cap a great performance

March 9. Would loved him to have scored today, but great contributions around the box.
Gilmour 9. Stepped up. Great to see.
Gross 10. Beautiful goals. Awesome all over the pitch. Perfection today.
Enciso 9. So confident. Not always the right decisions, but when you want to get on the ball as often as he does, something good will come of it! 2 assists. Marvelous.

Welbeck 9. Only gripe is that he should have had a hatrick. Also, he is one hell of a player in the air. Perhaps doesn’t get the credit he deserves for that.
Undav 9.5. So happy for him. That second goal was a peach

Mitoma 8.5. Terrorized them when coming on. Imagine seeing him running at you full of energy when the game is already over. Lacked the final ball.
Caicedo/Mac Allister 8/ Buonanotte 8. All decent when they came on.
Ayari n/a

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Steele 9

Veltman 8
Webster 9
Dunk 9 - brilliant today after the shambles that was his Wednesday
Estupinan 9

Gilmour 9 absolutely brilliant and massively deserves more game time. He passes quickly and into players stride.
Gross 9 MOTM
March 7
Enciso 8

Welbeck 9 - bad miss though (!)
Undav 8

Subs:
Buonanotte 6
Caicedo 7 - should have shot!
Mac A 6
Mitoma 8
Ayari 7

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports