Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Wolves (a)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can usually see through body language, positioning, eye movement etc. where they're going to put it. The PK taker is always going to have the advantage, but you can hike that normal 12% save rate up to 20-25% if you really put effort into it.

The value is so low though, one or two saved pens per season, that I can't imagine many keepers putting much effort into it.
You raise a good point; what is the average save rate for Prem ‘keepers? Is it 12%? And how far off this is Sanchez?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And how many has he faced?
10 - 0 saved, but 2 missed.
stats indicate he should have conceded 8 which he has.
I would imagine the fact he has had 2 penalties missed against him (rather than saved), indicates the penalty takers feel they have to put a bit extra into their penalties

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
10 - 0 saved, but 2 missed.
stats indicate he should have conceded 8 which he has.
I would imagine the fact he has had 2 penalties missed against him (rather than saved), indicates the penalty takers feel they have to put a bit extra into their penalties
Thanks. If he gets lucky at his next penalty then he will be roughly average for saves for a Prem keeper. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Where’s that data from? xG data for a pen gives a value of 0.76, so saved and missed should logically add up to 24%.
I believe the missed stats don't include post/crossbar
I also think the saved stat is wrong 17% saved - 4% missed - 3% woodwork

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Didn’t see any of the game but according to the BBC website we didnt get any cards (importantly Ali Mac who was on a suspension I think)
Much to my annoyance :ROFLMAO:

wolves.jpg

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm seeing a lot of "Dunk unlucky with the penalty" comments in the ratings. Even with Brighton bias, his arms are up in the air and the ball hits one of them. Under the current rules it is 100% a pen. Whether the rules are bad on not is another question...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm seeing a lot of "Dunk unlucky with the penalty" comments in the ratings. Even with Brighton bias, his arms are up in the air and the ball hits one of them. Under the current rules it is 100% a pen. Whether the rules are bad on not is another question...
NSCers seem reluctant to criticise Dunk on anything. I kind of get that, even though I don't enact it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here