Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs them lot

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sanchez - 3 - such is the life of a keeper. One dreadful mistake cost us the win unfortunately.

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 7
Estupinan - 8
Caicedo - 5
Groß - 5
March - 8
MacAllister - 6
Mitoma - 4
Undav - 4
Ferguson - 5
Lamptey - 6

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Sanchez - 3 - such is the life of a keeper. One dreadful mistake cost us the win unfortunately.

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 7
Estupinan - 8
Caicedo - 5
Groß - 5
March - 8
MacAllister - 6
Mitoma - 4
Undav - 4
Ferguson - 5
Lamptey - 6
4’s and 5’s, really?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 7
Estupinan - 8
Caicedo - 5
Groß - 5
March - 8
MacAllister - 6
Mitoma - 4
Undav - 4
Ferguson - 5
Lamptey - 6
Well that and the twat who can’t work out where to draw a line 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 7
Estupinan - 8
Caicedo - 5
Groß - 5
March - 8
MacAllister - 6
Mitoma - 4
Undav - 4
Ferguson - 5
Lamptey - 6
A bit harsh. Would you have given those marks if VAR hadn't made that error?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A bit harsh. Would you have given those marks if VAR hadn't made that error?
I would - if we had sneaked it 0-1 I felt the same. I thought our best performers were superb (March and Pervis) but as good as they were, Mitoma and Undav were bad on the day. Caicedo looked off the pace quite literally from the first minute, MacAllister was rattled by the occasion unfortunately. Arguably lucky to stay on the field.

So yeah, overall the good performances were the centre of everything and the bad performances prevented us (along with VAR and one dreadful mistake) from winning the game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There are a heap of ungenerous ratings on this thread. We battered them. Three things prevented us from winning the game (which would have prompted higher ratings):
-- the Sanchez howler
-- finishing, especially from Mac Allister
-- a howler so bad that its perpetrator(s) shouldn't be able to feature in the PL again

Sanchez 4 -- decent with his feet, -3 for the howler
Veltman 6
Webster 7 -- looked pretty much back to his best, a couple of great blocks, carried the ball forward well, passing mostly good but gave it away a few times. Don't think it was a foul on Mateta that led to their goal-scoring free kick
Dunk 6.5 -- solid enough, nothing more
Estupinan 9 -- stunning performance, that cross for the goal was something else. In a delightful run of form
Caicedo 6.5 -- lots of people slating him, no idea why
Gross 7 -- intelligent and industrious as ever
March 9.5 MotM -- what a player, what a performance
Mac Allister 5 -- could have seen red early (I think it was a yellow/orange, there was no force), but his finishing was way, way short of what he can do. Still he got into those positions.
Mitoma 5 -- somewhat shackled
Undav 5.5 -- decent enough linking

Subs:
Ferguson 5.5
Lamptey 6

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There are a heap of ungenerous ratings on this thread. We battered them. Three things prevented us from winning the game (which would have prompted higher ratings):
-- the Sanchez howler
-- a howler so bad that its perpetrator(s) shouldn't be able to feature in the PL again

Veltman 6
Webster 7 -- looked pretty much back to his best, a couple of great blocks, carried the ball forward well, passing mostly good but gave it away a few times. Don't think it was a foul on Mateta that led to their goal-scoring free kick
Estupinan 9 -- stunning performance, that cross for the goal was something else. In a delightful run of form
Mac Allister 5 -- could have seen red early (I think it was a yellow/orange, there was no force), but his finishing was way, way short of what he can do. Still he got into those positions.

Subs:
Ferguson 5.5
Lamptey 6
Nailed it

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
It's on the extended highlights on the club site.

Studs up, but no real force, pulls away immediately after contact

Some Palace fan on twitter described it as a leg breaker.
It isn't.
Palace fans have very weak legs. Not enough calcium in their diets don't you know?

SanchoMitoma

Feb 13, 2023
Apart from last 5 mins against Bournmouth that is 2 games running Mitoma has been marked out of game
He was mostly marked out by Estupinan… thankful for Pervis’s assist but he was trying so hard the other day, always dribbling, or taking the extra touch and it killed all the potential passes and best sets-up for Mitoma. I think they work very well individually but they don’t really benefit each other, I prefer the way March and his RB coexist, it allows March to really dedicate himself to the attack.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
-- the Sanchez howler

Veltman 6

Subs:
Ferguson 5.5
Lamptey 6
Would give Estupinan and Webster 8’s, otherwise nailed it for me

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's going to happen...but if it takes two to mark him out of the game, his colleagues need to take advantage of the space afforded them
I think in general they do.
Estupinan and March both had blinders. MacAllister had 4 or 5 shots on goal.

I think in hindsight, It would have been better to play Ferguson, but Undav was my pick before the game.

el punal

Can’t be arsed to do the whole team, still massively pissed off we’ve gifted that pile of shit a point again.

Sanchez: 1
March: 10
A bit like the Palace fans reaction to last season’s Maupay’s equaliser in stoppage time. Swings and roundabouts and all that shit. We move on, as in onwards and upwards. :cheers:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Annotation 2023-02-14 092432.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here