Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Everton (h)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 7 Clean sheet but nothing to do.
White 8 Credit to back 3 reducing Everton to few chances. Not easy for wide CBs with little help from non defensive WB in front of them
Dunk 8 Very good As the central CB did most of clearing
Veltman 8 As White
Gross 6 Looked what he is. A central midfielder playing out wide.
Bissouma 8 Very good but can still be a little casual when giving ball away
Lalana 7 Contributed a lot but woeful shooting
Moder 6 Great involvement in game but out of position at WB
Trosssard 7 Most dangerous attacking player Always trying to make something happen. Too deep.
Welbeck 6 I know it worked against Newcastle but spent far to long out wide.
Maupay 5 Did a lot good but he is there to take chances. Many wrong options with passes tonight.

Subs Dont usually comment but strange. We were crying out for attacking width all game so could understand Ali if 15mins earlier but pointless coming on when he did . Thought Burn coming on was even stranger. Still cant understand what his role was supposed to be. Once again selected to come on because he is taller then anyone else.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Clean sheet get a 5? Wow

Agree about Biss - he was so good but still critically lost the ball for Iwobi's chance at the end (I think)

Maybe slightly harsh but he nearly f*cked up very early on and then didn't have much else to do. I rate him very highly, but he nearly cost us the game yesterday with a pretty big cock-up.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
We normally have our core week in / week out exemplars. I like it when one of the inconsistents raise their game. Maupay at OT. It doesn’t come through on the ratings but I thought Trossard had a really good game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why Ali J? What has he ever done when brought on as a sub?If he's going to bring on a striker, then surely Zequiri?

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_a622d5b4-2e5b-11ea-a2d1-c31ad393952a.jpg

What's Zeqiri ever done?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Biss was superb again last night. 9 for me.

If the club are serious about challenging for Europe in 5 seasons then Biss won't be going anywhere. Time will tell.

Moder continued to impress particularly being played out of position. 8s for him Dunk & Veltman

Though Welbeck had his best game for us. He was actually tracking back and putting his foot in. That was far more like it. 8 for him too.

The rest can share the 6s and 7s around.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sanchez 6 Was worried when he was limping around in the first half. Looked calm though.
Veltman 7 Very good on the left or the right. great signing.
White 7 Has really improved since struggling at that amazing CL team :)
Dunk 8 A dodgy pass back to Sanchez but otherwise really good and will score more goals!
Gross 7 Quiet but set pieces were good.
Moder 7 Went to the Bissouma school of shooting. Apart from that he is looking very good. Especially when you consider he is playing out of position.
Bissouma 8 Mr reliable and it seems the ball is on a string attached to his boot at times!
Lallana 7.5 No headlines and shooting was poor but so many clever passes and great interventions too.
Trossard 7.5 Worked hard and got more involved than in the past,
Welbeck 6 Not as good as usual and should have scored. Perhaps he should have gone off at 70 minutes for Zeqiri. But GP subs after 80 minutes :(
Maupay 5 Works hard but so did CMS. Not sure why but so many times he seems to rush his chance yet also can be guilty of taking another touch. Love his attitude though.

Subs - Too little too late.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maupay the equal of Dunk last night?

Different roles, but my points awarding here is probably a bit of a reaction to the apparent tendency of some to take 4 off if Maupay doesn't score, while adding a point every time Dunk makes a clearing header. I wouldn't quibble if forced to deduct 1 from Maupay's score, but with a +/- 10% level of uncertainty isn't worth the agonizing :wink:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Different roles, but my points awarding here is probably a bit of a reaction to the apparent tendency of some to take 4 off if Maupay doesn't score, while adding a point every time Dunk makes a clearing header. I wouldn't quibble if forced to deduct 1 from Maupay's score, but with a +/- 10% level of uncertainty isn't worth the agonizing :wink:

So, you're reacting to people marking Maupay down for NOT DOING his job and marking Dunk up for DOING his job?

Not sure I understand the logic there Harry!

Maupay was poor last night, not just his shooting but his passing was awful. Bad positioning at times too. I thought it was noticeable last night that when Lallana had the ball he'd always looked to find Welbeck rather than Maupay.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Sanchez - 7 Clean sheet but could give him any mark as he wasn't really needed.
White - 7 He is developing quietly each game and he does have a bit of a nasty streak in him (could have the potential to join the 7).
Dunk - 8 How is he not in the England squad, so controlled.
Veltman - 7 He is just such a clever player reads attacks and knows what's going to happen
Gross - 6 Did a job in a position he's not best in.
Bissouma - 8.5 If this boy could shoot he would be world class how the ball sticks to him in tight possession should be illegal.
Lallana - 7 Contributed a lot but does tire in the last 20 minutes.
Moder - 6 Much the same as Gross doing OK in an unfamiliar position.
Trosssard - 6 First half did little but much better in the second,
Welbeck - 6 Frustrating, he wasn't bad but seem off the pace a bit.
Maupay 5 Oh Neal, his work off the ball is brilliant but when he gets the ball he seems lost.

The defence should be praised for the protection they provide for Sanchez,
Midfield are excellent.
Attack we seem to either be great or crap with no average.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, you're reacting to people marking Maupay down for NOT DOING his job and marking Dunk up for DOING his job?

Maupay was poor last night, not just his shooting but his passing was awful. Bad positioning at times too. I thought it was noticeable last night that when Lallana had the ball he'd always looked to find Welbeck rather than Maupay.

If the manager agrees with the general view on this thread, Maups'll be in the bench next game. We shall see....

Maupay is being started in every game and isn't scoring at the moment. He had one shot on target I recall yesterday that was deflected by a defender. He messed up one pass in the box. Apart from that he didn't touch the ball much. That's probably as much about delivery as receipt. I wouldn't call that not doing his job. He isn't Georgie Best. Or another man who can pick the ball up in his own half, go on a mazy run, beat three defenders and hit the onion bag: Jesse Lingard. Oh, hang on, NSC deemed Lingard shitehouse....

I know we all love Lallana but his shooting yesterday was poor :shrug:

As for Dunk, he headed out a few balls launched into the box, and passed it around the back. Yes he did his job but he would have needed to nut the ball into his own net, wildly slash clearances to the opposition, or pick up a needless yellow card to do anything noticably inappropriate.

Being a goalscorer means that arguably you fail every time you don't score.

So...all that in mind...I really didn't think there was much between them. Certainly not the gulf implied by some of the points given on this thread, so I'll stick with my tally. I doubt that my numbers will greatly influenced the final vote and the award of this week's trophy, though, so I'd be a little irritated if they are rejected by the adjudicator.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I noticed that too. The final 20 minutes the team seemed reluctant to pass to Maupay and only did if no other real options.

A real shame as the 3 matches prior to this, was arguably his most complete performances in a Brighton shirt.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
If the manager agrees with the general view on this thread, Maups'll be in the bench next game. We shall see....

Maupay is being started in every game and isn't scoring at the moment. He had one shot on target I recall yesterday that was deflected by a defender. He messed up one pass in the box. Apart from that he didn't touch the ball much. That's probably as much about delivery as receipt. I wouldn't call that not doing his job. He isn't Georgie Best. Or another man who can pick the ball up in his own half, go on a mazy run, beat three defenders and hit the onion bag: Jesse Lingard. Oh, hang on, NSC deemed Lingard shitehouse....

I know we all love Lallana but his shooting yesterday was poor :shrug:

As for Dunk, he headed out a few balls launched into the box, and passed it around the back. Yes he did his job but he would have needed to nut the ball into his own net, wildly slash clearances to the opposition, or pick up a needless yellow card to do anything noticably inappropriate.

Being a goalscorer means that arguably you fail every time you don't score.

So...all that in mind...I really didn't think there was much between them. Certainly not the gulf implied by some of the points given on this thread, so I'll stick with my tally. I doubt that my numbers will greatly influenced the final vote and the award of this week's trophy, though, so I'd be a little irritated if they are rejected by the adjudicator.

I think you'll find I'm Lingard's biggest fan on here! :)

Last night Maupay had 3 shots, 0 on target. Lallana had 4 shots - 1 on target so no worse than Maupay but Lallana contributed a heck of a lot more overall.

Maupay won 0 headers. His passing accuracy was 68.2% from 22 passes - only Moder was worse for us than that which is understandable as someone playing out of position and a right footed player playing on the left. He put 0 crosses in. He contributed hardly anything last night other than missing a couple of good chances

Dunk made 6 clearances - the most on our side by a distance, 1 block - the most on our side, 1 tackle, 1 effort on target, made 79 passes and had an accuracy of 94.9%.

Maupay was undeniably poor last night and his and Dunk's performances were a long way apart. I'm sure you're right and he will play next week but that is mainly because we have no other options.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Sanchez 7

White 7
Dunk 8 .
Veltman 7

Gross 6.5
Bissouma 8.5
Lallana 8
Moder 7

Trossard 7

Welbeck 7
Maupay 5.5

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sanchez - 5 - loses a mark for the heavy touch that could have lead to an Everton goal/penalty
Dunk - 8 - excellent performance, proper leader
Bissouma - 9.5 - He’s too good for us, sadly.

Everyone else a 6 or 7.

The backpass from Dunk was too hard and bouncing awkwardly and with Richarlison lurking anyway - if you're going to mark Sanchez down for it, Dunky doesn't get away with it either in my book

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
The backpass from Dunk was too hard and bouncing awkwardly and with Richarlison lurking anyway - if you're going to mark Sanchez down for it, Dunky doesn't get away with it either in my book

Agree, that was Dunk's error, not Sanchez. Was the only thing Dunk did wrong all night.

I marked Sanchez a 6 just because he had absolutely nothing to do. In fact, since Sanchez came into the side there have been a number of games where it has been like that. I think part of the reason he looks so cool and calm all the time is because he doesn't ever have to do much! We are so solid defensively. I appreciate that his presence has probably helped with that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Last night Maupay had 3 shots, 0 on target.

This is simply not true.

Beat up on one of our players rather than supporting them, if that floats your boat - but at least try to stick to the facts.

Maupay's one big chance, in the first half, took it first time and was absolutely 'on target' (and probably destined for the far corner of the net) before being blocked by a desperate Mina (quite possibly with his arm).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
This is simply not true.

Beat up on one of our players rather than supporting them, if that floats your boat - but at least try to stick to the facts.

Maupay's one big chance, in the first half, took it first time and was absolutely 'on target' (and probably destined for the far corner of the net) before being blocked by a desperate Mina (quite possibly with his arm).

Oh get off your high horse, I'm allowed to say when they're poor which he was last night. I will always try and be supportive of our players. It doesn't 'float my boat' at all, I'd rather he just played well in most matches. I also thought he was man of the match against Man United so I'm not beating up on one of our players. I always want him to do well but he didn't last night and in my opinion, there have too many matches like that this season.

Yes you're right that probably was on target, my mistake I wasn't thinking about that block when looking at the stats again this morning which, factually, are recorded as that effort being off target. It doesn't change the fact that he had a poor game and the fact that Dunk had a much better game overall which started the conversation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you'll find I'm Lingard's biggest fan on here! :)

Last night Maupay had 3 shots, 0 on target. Lallana had 4 shots - 1 on target so no worse than Maupay but Lallana contributed a heck of a lot more overall.

Maupay won 0 headers. His passing accuracy was 68.2% from 22 passes - only Moder was worse for us than that which is understandable as someone playing out of position and a right footed player playing on the left. He put 0 crosses in. He contributed hardly anything last night other than missing a couple of good chances

Dunk made 6 clearances - the most on our side by a distance, 1 block - the most on our side, 1 tackle, 1 effort on target, made 79 passes and had an accuracy of 94.9%.

Maupay was undeniably poor last night and his and Dunk's performances were a long way apart. I'm sure you're right and he will play next week but that is mainly because we have no other options.

Mate, I was just arguing for the sake of it.

I find the idea of being taken to task for a couple of numbers I posted on a player rating thread when the numbers are not counted, let alone published in summary on a player condemnation web site, a bit silly. It deserved a silly reply and I think I gave one :wink:

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here