Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Leicester

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Together with switching off at the end, you've highlighted how his actions could have led to THREE goals conceded, in a tight game.

'Alright other than that' is a bit irrelevant.

I suppose I'm marking him up for making me laugh. Most of the stuff on my Telly is rubbish so it is nice to have a genuine laugh now and again. It's been a while since we've had a "where's the ball going now then" comedy player in the style of Tony Rougier.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think the cup is a distraction we could still do without finishing higher up the table is a better indication of progress or not as the case might be.

Walton 5 - Basic error at the end our expected standards have gone through the roof with Sanchez
White 7 - good not sure why he went off
Dunk 7 -good back to form should he be organising the defence at the end?
Burn 5 - His strength is the energy he has going forward in oppositions half . As a CB or just a LB he is a liability
Karbo 7 - First game for us, good but sometimes did not release ball quick enough
Gross 6 - reasonable performance
Lallana 6.5 - difficult to mark for me
Moder 6.5 - solid
Alzate 7 - great game. he would be a very good player in a better team surprised he is not mentioned about top 6 club. Might not be physically strong enough
Tau 4.5 - Way off the pace of the game and not as fast as i thought he would be. Needed subbing if we wanted to win.
Zeqiri 6.5 - good performance , like the way he wants to shoot and is generally composed with that lot of effort from him. I think he should have stayed up front

Mac - some very good play. fantastic pass
Biss - not sure if he wanted to be there

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Walton 5: Nothing much to do. Switched off like everyone else for the goal.

White 7: Was fine.

Dunk 7: Was fine. Switched off for the goal.

Burn 6: mixed bag. did ok going forward, a bit ropey in defense. It's interesting that someone with such deft feet with the ball at them looks so cumbersome when he has to readjust his feet defensively.

Alzate 6: Didn't really notice him

Lallana 7: Best player on the pitch first half, faded a bit in the second.

Gross 6: Surprised he played, could have done with the rest.

Moder 6: Solid if unspectacular debut. Looking forward to see how he progresses over time.

Karbownik 6: grew into the game. Like Moder I look forward to seeing how he progresses over time.

Tau 5: Lively first half, non existant second.

Zeqiri 6: Worked hard, nice finish for the off side goal. Probably the best he's played in his few appearances so far. We lost any attacking threat when he went out wide and Tau was on his own in the middle.

Subs:

Veltman 6: Did fine for the time he was on. Guilty as all other defenders fro switching off at the end.

Bissouma 5: Forgettable. Only contribution I remember was giving away a completely needless free kick on the edge of the box.

Ally Mac 6: only on for ten minutes. did nothing either way to affect the game.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Zequiri looks a real find,... lovely finish...

Both Polish lads look like they just need some minutes, but look steady in terms of potential.

Tau needs to play,.. you can see his distribution is decent, but the pace of ball and thought is off at the moment, that will cone with a two or three game run.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Exactly on Tau, a target for many on both the match thread and this one, and unfairly imho. You can see the potential, just needs more game time.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Won't go through everyone but a few observations from last night.

Lallana was superb. So instrumental on the pitch, dictating the play and the press, helping those around him.
Bissouma seems to have lost something recently, last few games he's been off the pace a little - jaded perhaps?
Zeqiri showed some encouraging signs, pacey and some clever movement.
Tau. I'm not writing him off yet, but I'm just not getting the sense that he's got enough at this level. Some poor touches and decisions
Mac Allister. I just loved those volleyed passes. *drool*
Moder is big.

Overall, I though we played well until Lallana went off and Maddison came on. He is a bit of a player, a less dislikeable Grealish.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I just not keen on 3CBs. The 2 outside ones seem to spend so much time out wide where they are not comfortable. Lets get a good left back that can get forward. I just feel Potter doesnt do this because he woukd have to leave out Webster or White.Not worried before game but very cheeded off about stupid goal. With the likely addition of Welbeck and Maupay in extra time every chance we could have won
Walton 7 Surprising little to do. Maybe should have come out for goal but wouldnt have expected scorer to have been unmarked
White 7 Good game .
Dunk 8 Very good
Burn 3 Enough said. Will we ever find out if he is a good CB in a back 4 For goal no excuse for leaving scorer so free.
Karbownik 7 Did well. IWould like to see him on left. Interesting if he has played right wingback before.
Alzate 6 Not a wide player Wide left for first time
Moder 6 Did ok Couldnt make out if defensive or attacking midfielder.
Lalana 6 Didnt get near enough to Zeqiri. Very poor shooting
Gross 6 Did ok
Tau 5 Struggled in crowded penalty with back to goal. Needs to drop off and run at defence
Zeqiri 7 Did well Made himself available well Hard to understand why pushed out wide later

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Walton - 6 - Solid enough, don't agree that the goal is down to him.

Karbownik - 7 - Excellent debut, some work to do for sure but looked PL standard from the off.

White - 7 - Solid some good work and distribution decent.

Dunk - 7 - Kept Vardy very quiet.

Burn - 5 - Usual Burn mixed bag, some very good moments mixed with some less good ones. Not so much caught in 2 minds for the goal as caught without one.

Alzate - 6 - Fish out of water on the left but still had some decent moments

Gross - 7 - Neat and tidy although he looked tired 2nd half.

Moder - 7 - Decent debut looks the part and acted as a solid shield to the back three.

Lallana - 5 - Not one of his better games, maybe not match fit?

Tau - 5- Really not sure. Does the odd excellent thing but doesn't effect the game as much as he should. Still early days but needs to improve to have a future at this level.

Zeqiri - 7 - Works very hard, nice feet, but needs to play a little more for himself if he wants to be a goal threat.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
My brief thoughts on the evening...

DEFENCE
Walton getting some unfair criticism for the goal, no goalkeeper would have plucked it out of the air it was too high, but maybe he could have challenged Ineacheo (sp) as the ball reached him to stop it being a free header.

In the long shot camera angle as the corner was taken you can see Veltman pointing out the danger, and Dunk ordering Moder to go close down the corner, so again unfair criticism that every single player was sleeping.
Burn was quite impressive on the few occasions he had the ball in or around the Leicester penalty area, but I do think his lack of awareness for the goal was indefensible, and his general defensive play wasn't the greatest.
Dunk was excellent again, White was good.

MIDDLE
Alzate played very well, great cross (with his left foot) that maybe Tau could have done better with.
Moder played like it was his first game and he didn't want to usurp the regulars, but he did nothing wrong and I'm confident he'll be a huge asset.
Lallana was superb first half, but faded as he tired.
Gross was OK, no more, no less.
Karbo got better as the game progressed and looks a prospect.
Mac Argie looked good when he had the ball, but overshadowed by Maddison a bit ... although Mac did hit the pass of the game!
Biss Something seems lacking lately, can't put my finger on it. His only contribution was a ludicrous foul on the edge of the area on Maddison that could have been costly.

UP TOP
Swiss Andy had easily his best minutes since he joined, looked a strong willing runner who knows where the goal is, and with a few more games under his belt he could turn out to be a find.
Percy. He feels very lightweight, but he was involved in a lot, he wasn't the best player on the pitch but he didn't have a stinker either.

VERDICT
Best case scenario was obviously a win in 90 minutes, but bizarrely probably 2nd best scenario was a defeat in 90 minutes.
I was dreading having to play the extra 30 and maybe even penalties at the end, the Villa match as way more important and knackering our players would not be helpful in my opinion.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Didnt see the game so no scores of my own but here is Whoscored/Sofascore:

Whoscored

Walton 6.3

White 7.0
Dunk 6.7
Burn 7.0

Karbownik 6.3
Gross 6.3
Lallana 6.7
Moder 6.7
Alzate 7.1

Tau 5.8
Zeqiri 6.4

Veltman 6.0
Bissouma 5.9
Mac Allister 5.9

Sofascore

Walton 6.7

White 7.0
Dunk 7.3
Burn 7.4

Karbownik 6.5
Gross 6.6
Lallana 7.0
Moder 7.0
Alzate 7.2

Tau 6.3
Zeqiri 7.0

Veltman 6.4
Bissouma 6.4
Mac Allister 6.2

Burn higher than Dunk in both...............:eek:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I thought he had a poor game. As per my post. Lost the ball a lot

In with you on Lallana fur his first 20 minutes or so, looked a bit disinterested and made some sloppy passes, and wasn't searching for the ball like Bissouma does, also had a habit of just knocking it back at no great pace to the defence when he had time to stop and turn. He certainly grew into the game after that and saw a lot of the ball when we took control but I don't remember him doing anything special with the ball. I was surprised to see him in the Bissouma role with Moder further forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here