Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v city

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you've got something here. Values 0 to 10 should be assigned according to vintage Albion performances. Trossard Liverpool away was a 10. No away player scores a hat trick at Anfield let alone a BHAFC one. It's a 10.

Trossard as sub against Charlton, however, was a 0. I've seen statues move more then he missed a pen

I'd struggle to get values solely with Trossard from 1-9 though.

That will work.

Another example of a 10 for the new scale … Mac against Manure a year ago. He ground them into the dirt with skill and tenacity, they ended up hacking away at him, capped with the wonderful pressure penalty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Steele - 4 - Didn't really make any saves, but hard to see how those were going to be stopped (see other threads for further discussion)

Veltman - 3 - His worst game in a Brighton shirt, his substitution for Offiah screamed, "this is the end for Joel"
Dunk 5 - Still doing what his manager asks, for better or worse. Did OK I thought
Van Hecke - 4 - Loose in possession
Barco - 7 - Odd mark, given a blunder for a goal, but when you're playing City, you get punished. The bigger picture is, he has huge promise. Decent driven corners as well

Moder - 4 - Found it hard to get close to KDB. Correctly withdrawn
Baleba - 4 - Decent on the ball. But City exposed his inexperience. Should have been much tighter with Foden, though I realize that's tough

Pedro - 5 - Never great out wide. A wonderful flick on to Gross running through who got easily chased down by Akanji. Looked much better towards the end of the game and got us a nailed on penalty
Gross - 3 - The nosedive in his form has coincided with the nosedive in our results
Lallana - 2 - Passenger
Welbeck - 4 - Willing to shoot, but couldn't hold it up or get us in the game

Subs made no impact and Adingra was horrendous. O'Mahoney should be getting more minutes though

Let's not judge us on that one. City at this stage of the season, gunning for the title, with all but one fit is a tough tough game. Judge us away at Muff this weekend
Dunk, Gross, Veltman are all usually very reliable players…strange how they’re all struggling for form.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Steele 4
Veltman 4
Dunk 5
Hecke 5
Barco 6
Moder 4
Baleba 4
Lallana 3
Gross 4
Pedro 5
Welbeck 4

To be fair, they're all probably knackered (bar Steele and Barco) and Manchester City can beat anyone in the world. I thought they all tried but were just completely outclassed.
Knackered? They’ve just had a break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here