Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings- Hull (H)

Kuszczak-8.5-Great performance, especially after a couple of mistakes in the past couple of weeks. 2 Superb saves in the 2nd half
Bruno-8.5-Great on hiss return, Hull got little joy on his side and he provided attacking threat down the wing
Upson-8-Solid poerformance
AEA-9-MOTM-I'll hold my hands up, I've been critical of him recently but today he was absolutely superb I thought.
Bridge-8-Good performance against their most dangerous player
Bridcutt-9-Great as usual
Hammond-7.5-Solid defensively but a bit slow at moving the ball on today
Lopez-7.5-Decent but a few misplaced passes
Orlandi-8-Really bossed the midfield in the first half but a poor miss in the 2nd
CMS-8-Thought he did pretty well today
Ulloa-7.5-Thought he went down a bit too easily at times but is good in the air

Vicente-9-Changed the game completely
Buckley-8-Didn't see that much of the ball but looked threatening
Calderon-N/A

Astonished that anyone would rate CMS higher than Ulloa from what they saw yesterday.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Gk Kusczak - 9 MOTM -
Rb Bruno -6 Still too casual on the ball in defensive areas, but got forward well and was a real outlet on the right.
Lb Bridge - 7 Given a tough time against El Mohammedy but was disciplined and drove the team forward on the left handside whenever he could.
Cb Upson - 7 One tremendous defensive header in the second half probably saved a goal.
Cb El-Abd - 8 Made a fine challenge in his own box in the first half and was very dependable throughout.
Cm Bridcutt - 8 Nothing new to say he his just class week in week out.
Cm Hammond - 6 Not as bad as some our saying on here I think he does an important job for the side, but this wasn't one of his better games.
Rm Lopez - 7 A bit hit and miss in terms of delivery but has a great eye for a pass.
Lm Orlandi - 6 I'm a huge fan but it didn't really run for him yesterday. The blazing over of our best chance probably summed up his afternoon.
Str - Ulloa - 7 Led the line well and made some excellent defensive contributions. I think he could be a real asset once he becomes better adjusted to the Championship.
Str - CMS - 6 I think Gus will keep faith with the partnership but my nagging suspicion is that Hoskins would be a better partner for Ulloa based on his movement and vision. Too often yesterday the ball arrived at CMS and then came straight back.

Subs

Vicente - 7.5 One through ball to Bridge was different class.
Calderon - 6.5 Unlucky to be left out would have kept him in the side instead of Bruno.
Buckley - 6.5 Not hugely involved when he came on but his pace was a threat to the Hull backline.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Player Ratings

Kuszczak 9.00
El Abd 7.94
Bridcutt 7.33
Upson 7.26
Ulloa 6.80
David Lopez 6.74
Bruno 6.67 (74min)
Orlandi 6.59
Bridge 6.57
Hammond 5.56 (59min)
Mackail-Smith 5.36 (87min)

Subs
Vicente 7.80 (36min)
Calderon 6.31 (8min)
Buckley 6.29 (21min)

Team Average: 6.87

To average under 6 when we win isn't good form.

Hammond was a passenger, a yard off the pace and quite docile. CMS needs to buck his ideas up too.

I am sure it been done to death already but IMHO we didn't play well and were fortunate to have got 3 points - when your keeper is MOM it shows that on another day we could easily have been 2 or 3 down by the time we scored but at least it starts to make up for other games we've thrown away

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I am sure it been done to death already but IMHO we didn't play well and were fortunate to have got 3 points - when your keeper is MOM it shows that on another day we could easily have been 2 or 3 down by the time we scored but at least it starts to make up for other games we've thrown away

Not forgetting the two or three times their keeper made decent saves eh?..... or do they not count in your assessment.... both keepers made good saves,.... why do good saves equate to a bad performance?... I will say again, we produced a very good result and a passable performance against the team in 3rd and who have the best away record in the division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here