Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton - Notts Forest

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Didn't concede any real chances, dominated midfield, created quite a few good chances.
Yeah I know football forums like to give everyone 3/10 when you lose (or draw a shit side) and 9/10 when you win (or draw vs a good team) regardless of how the game looked but I'm not really into that. It was a pretty decent performance, goals aside.
You are right, of course.
It is so bleeding frustrating though when we can't stick the ball in the back of the net.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez 6 Nothing to do but still worried when has ball at his feet
Veltman 6 ok defending but like most rubbish in front of goal
Dunk 7 Good game
Webster 6 Rubbish in front of goal
Macallister 6 Rubbish in front of goal
Gross 5 Not much contribution and rubbish in front of goal
Caceido 6 Fair
Lalana 5 Rubbish in front of goal
March 7 for defending and 3 for attacking play
Trossard 6 Still the player most likely to lose a defender and get a shot in
Welbeck 6 Still think he does a decent job but looks worse because of all missed chances round him.

Pervis looked our best attacking option against Spurs pity he didnt play. Undav leading scorer in Belgium hard to understand why not given 30mins in last 2 games. No good people saying not good enough if he hasnt had a run of games
It’s frustrating but it’s not difficult to understand - the coaching staff don’t think he’s up to it . Whatever the issue is it must be pretty bad , for him not to get much of a chance given our striking options. At a guess , he’s not fit enough.

Last edited:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Sanchez 6 nothing much to do, however the passing around at the back is not good for the heart

Veltman 6
Dunk 7 we so rely on his last gasp tackles and blocks
Webster 7 like the surging run’s

March 8 for the MOTM in defence and attacking unlucky not to score AGAIN but for a very good save AGAIN
Mac 6 industrious with little to show for it
Moses 7 the best of the midfield on the night
Lallana 6 some very good things but a few times he looked like he was running through thick mud
Gross 6 again some good things but not as bright as he was at the start of the season
Trossard 6.5 when he’s good he’s very very good we urgently need to find out what they do to him when on international duty

Welbeck 6 three Good chances missed

we appear to be developing a play out the back no matter what pressure we are under I hope against Man City we don’t come-unstuck.
Going forward we still need a 15 goals a season striker and I don’t think we have one in the club while our previous leading scorer has moved on without a suitable replacement
A 15 goal a season striker would be lovely, but last season only 5 teams had one of those. The only team outside the big 6 with one was Leicester.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Blimey. Did I watch the game on an E?

I thought we played well and enjoyed being there as it was a well deserved distraction from real world woes. Something to scream and shout and let it all out would have been better of course. So many curses and chances were not taken but that's part of the ride.

Gross and March linked up well, especially first half and Gross put a lovely ball to him sending him down the touchline. My lad loves Macca and enjoyed him playing. I saw nobody letting us down. Moises had a different game because he was not required to break them up - because they were shit.

8s all round for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here