Lamptey 6
Mwepu 6
Mitoma 7.5

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
were people watching a different game to me? caicedo by far and away the best player on the pitch. won the ball three or four times when he had absolutely no right to

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
were people watching a different game to me? caicedo by far and away the best player on the pitch. won the ball three or four times when he had absolutely no right to

Also gave the ball away several times in dangerous areas.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sanchez - 7 - only had 2 saves to make, good job he stopped Wilson’s target after he was flagged offside, when in fact he was on side

Veltman - 8- completely kept Saint Maximum out the game
Dunk - 9 - beat Wilson in ariel battles every time
Webster - 7 - couple of decent interceptions, Almirron had the better of him a fair few times though

March - 8.5 - would be higher if he’d scored, unlucky twice. Links up well with Groß
MacAllister - 7 - better of the two holding midfielders, although his dive to win a free-kick and then roll around in the middle of the pitch in the first half was embarrassing
Caicedo - 6 - few great tackles and winning the ball however he needlessly gave away possession so many times today with sloppy passes
Lallana - 7.5 - should definitely have scored the header, should have scored first half also. Great touches and passes in midfield. Too much of a luxury player and at £90k a week I'd expect him to put away chances like he got today
Trossard - 6 - very quiet today, would much rather see him playing the shadow striker role he did so many times last season

Groß - 7.5 - played as a striker today, not suited to that role or task at all. Should have also scored right near the end to win the game. Otherwise, good key passes and involved in pretty much every attack
Welbeck - 6 - really struggled today, nothing really came off for him. Surprised he didn’t get substituted

Mwepu - 6 - least impactful of the subs
Lamptey - 7 - I understand the logic of hit it long and let him chase the ball down but unfortunately he isn’t as quick as he once was. Needs to work on crosses and getting the ball in to the box much quicker
Mitoma - 9 - looked exciting when he came on. Great control and runs in behind. On todays 15 mins sub appearance he should start next weekend

Last edited:

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Sanchez 7 - not much to do but did it well
Webster 7 - solid performance.
Dunk 7 - as above
Veltman 7 - as above
March 8 - unlucky not to get one goal. Looking very lively to start the season.
Caicedo 8 - broke up play well and drove forward well.
Lallana 8 - got into some good areas and moved the ball efficiently. Started the 2nd half really well.
Trossard 7 - typical Trossard.
Mac 7 - did what he had to well.
Gross 7 - another solid performance.
Welbeck 7 - did really well again. I hope we see him like this all season.

Mwepu 6 - didn't really get into the game
Lamptey 6 - as above
Mitoma 7 - looked lively and nearly got an assist.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez 6
Veltman 7
Webster 6
Dunk 8
March 7
MacAllister 6 - disappointing first half
Caciedo 7
Lallana 7
Gross 7
Trossard 6 - bit in and out for me
Welbeck 7

Mwepu 6
Mitoma 7
Lamptey 6

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sanchez - 7 - only had 2 saves to make, good job he stopped Wilson’s target after he was flagged offside, when in fact he was on side

Veltman - 8- completely kept Saint Maximum out the game
Dunk - 9 - beat Wilson in ariel battles every time
Webster - 7 - couple of decent interceptions, Almirron had the better of him a fair few times though

March - 8.5 - would be higher if he’d scored, unlucky twice. Links up well with Groß
MacAllister - 7 - better of the two holding midfielders, although his dive to win a free-kick and then roll around in the middle of the pitch in the first half was embarrassing
Caicedo - 6 - few great tackles and winning the ball however he needlessly gave away possession so many times today with sloppy passes
Lallana - 7.5 - should definitely have scored the header, should have scored first half also. Great touches and passes in midfield. Too much of a luxury player and at £90k a week I'd expect him to put away chances like he got today
Trossard - 6 - very quiet today, would much rather see him playing the shadow striker role he did so many times last season

Groß - 7.5 - played as a striker today, not suited to that role or task at all. Should have also scored right near the end to win the game. Otherwise, good key passes and involved in pretty much every attack
Welbeck - 6 - really struggled today, nothing really came off for him. Surprised he didn’t get substituted

Mwepu - 6 - least impactful of the subs
Lamptey - 7 - I understand the logic of hit it long and let him chase the ball down but unfortunately he isn’t as quick as he once was. Needs to work on crosses and getting the ball in to the box much quicker
Mitoma - 9 - looked exciting when he came on. Great control and runs in behind. On todays 15 mins sub appearance he should start next weekend

This looks pretty spot on to me. I'd have given Mac an extra half point - he was a focal point for most of our attacks in the second half and I'd have given Welbeck a point fewer - he didn't look with it today. I agree with Dunk as MoM though, he was excellent

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 8 - more secure in his handling and also made a couple of good saves (especially the one from the "offside" attempt as it 100% would have been allowed by VAR if it had gone in).

Veltman 8 - just keeps going
Dunk 7 - Dunk
Webster 6 - struggled a bit and misjudged a couple of duels. Some good passing.

Trossard 6 - not his day but not bad either
Mac Allister 8 - won a lot of ball and pretty much every duel in midfield
Caicedo 6 - some good tackling and interceptions but lost the ball way too much
March 8 - great, probably best Brighton player on the pitch

Lallana 6 - hit and miss, some slick passing and technique but struggled with their physicality
Gross 6 - other than some nice collaboration with March, he was fairly weak today with poor crosses and a lot of lost possession

Welbeck 6 - was ok when he had the ball but rarely touched it and failed to find spaces for himself

Lamptey 5 - came in and gave the ball away a couple of times and that was that
Mwepu 6 - not overly involved but was ok
Mitoma 7 - looked very promising, a couple of more minutes and it might have been an 8

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sanchez 6
Webster 6
Dunk 8
Veltman 8.5 MotM
March 8
Caicedo 7
Lallana 7
Trossard 7
Macallister7
Gross 7
Welbeck 8

Mwepu 6
Lamptey 6
Mitoma 8

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sanchez 8 - more secure in his handling and also made a couple of good saves (especially the one from the "offside" attempt as it 100% would have been allowed by VAR if it had gone in).

Veltman 8 - just keeps going
Dunk 7 - Dunk
Webster 6 - struggled a bit and misjudged a couple of duels. Some good passing.

Trossard 6 - not his day but not bad either
Mac Allister 8 - won a lot of ball and pretty much every duel in midfield
Caicedo 6 - some good tackling and interceptions but lost the ball way too much
March 8 - great, probably best Brighton player on the pitch

Lallana 6 - hit and miss, some slick passing and technique but struggled with their physicality
Gross 6 - other than some nice collaboration with March, he was fairly weak today with poor crosses and a lot of lost possession

Welbeck 6 - was ok when he had the ball but rarely touched it and failed to find spaces for himself

Lamptey 5 - came in and gave the ball away a couple of times and that was that
Mwepu 6 - not overly involved but was ok
Mitoma 7 - looked very promising, a couple of more minutes and it might have been an 8

We were good today but not really convincing in the box. Agree March was very good , just needed a bit more power in both shots.... but at least he was on target and forced saves rather than ballooning it. Not sure what to say about Lallana , does everything right but can't finish. Would have put Dunk with Veltman. Same with Caicedo and MacAllister both won the ball well but distribution was poor , certainly in first half. It didn't look like the Welbeck role was working so not sure why Undav not brought on earlier or Mitoma and move Trossard to the middle. Hindsight says Mitoma should have been given a lot more game time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here