Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ages and their value

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
What ages are pervis and kaoru to old to sell for what we want for them? I’m guessing they both maybe have a year left of maximum value for us? I’d hope that they are to old now though as I’d love to keep them both here aka der kaiser

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
We seem to demand silly fees for players (Caicedo, Cucurella, White), unless we choose to honour their loyalty and let them go for a reasonable price in order for them to get a dream move (Bissouma, Trossard, Mac Allister).

So if we do accept an offer for Mitoma, I suspect we, the fans, would be disappointed with the fee involved... unless it turned out to be Chelsea, in which case it's likely to be around the £150m mark.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Unless Mitoma signs a new deal he will go for relative peanuts in the Summer. By peanuts I mean 30-40 rather than 60+.

Dec 29, 2011
They're both 26. That's still pretty young.
Correct. We are used to thinking 27 is "getting on a bit" due to our philosophy, but realistically it's not even in their prime. Back in the 80s and 90s a 30 year old was probably past his best. With advances in health and technology 30 is probably just starting to hit their prime. Look at Gross, Dunk and Harry Kane for examples. We could keep Mitoma for another 3 seasons and still get £65m if his form continues.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there's peak player ability and peak value. their actual transfer value should be before their peak value, because the potential to sell on for a better value. the peak transfer value gets younger. so if player peaking 26-27 their transfer value should be 24-25.

in practice thats probably bollocks and clubs end up overpaying for peak ability with future transfer value diminishing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Correct. We are used to thinking 27 is "getting on a bit" due to our philosophy, but realistically it's not even in their prime. Back in the 80s and 90s a 30 year old was probably past his best. With advances in health and technology 30 is probably just starting to hit their prime. Look at Gross, Dunk and Harry Kane for examples. We could keep Mitoma for another 3 seasons and still get £65m if his form continues.
Mitoma was essentially a late starter as well, so has far fewer miles on the clock than most players his age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here