Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Plantar Fasciitis (not a new player)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not heard of this - is this a flight sock? where did you get it?

Several options for PF

-strassburg sock https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VWJGR33/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_7YW86GQ84E4GXXTD0VRJ
-rest
-trainers or inserts with good arch support
-rolling your bare foot over a tennis ball until it hurts....10 mins 3 x daily. When it becomes painless, use a golf ball. Can also use an iced small water bottle.

Strassburg sock is the best (most effective) based on things I’ve heard from several runners.......

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I was diagnosed with this late last year and have used support insoles with some relief, but I’m looking to get a new pair of everyday shoes or boots as I think my DMs might be the issue.
Any recommendations would be welcome thanks!

There is little blood flow to that part of the body so plantar fasciitis is hard to heel.....
I had it for 18m, 2 years, real pain. Did all the stuff like physio, shoes, etc, in the end sorted it via a cortisone injection. Would do again if needed in a flash.
Good luck

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Wife had this. Hobbling for a couple of months. ASIC trainers helped resolve. I had Morton's neuroma and bunions over a year. Reckon it was caused by my golf shoes. Only wear wide fitting now.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Foam rollers are good too.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Strassburg sock is the best remedy; it worked for me and everyone i've recommended it to. Google it and buy on-line. You just wear it in bed every night and bob's yer uncle...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I’ve put my faith in NSC and ordered the sock and a pair of Skechers arch-fit shoes.
Cheers all !

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
I had never heard of this until I got it - and then found loads of people who had.
Initially I tried an insole but no improvement so went to an NHS physio.
He told me that my arches were good so I did not need an insole but should get a gel heel pad.
Gave me 2 exercises to do 3 times a day. After a couple of months it is entirely gone.
Still do the exercises occasionally - just in case.....

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Here's a terrific foot exercise that might help as well as plantar is often misdiagnosed. Try it regardless as it's only one minute morning and night. Stand in front of a wall or other vertical surface. Keep your heel planted on the ground and raise the ball of your foot and toes as far up the wall as you can. Stand tall on each foot for 30 seconds morning and night and you can feel the pull through to your hip. Do it every day to re-invigorate the spring in your feet. As prescribed by a foot consultant, it's like magic.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I suffered from this badly in my left foot. I tried all sorts. but the thing the cured it, until i changed to driving an automatic instead of manual

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here