Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Piglets Pantry Pies Portsmouth

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Find it amusing that those that complain about the quality are also the ones that moan about the price. Would they pay even more, for something better?

My problem with the pie I had v Watford was I've paid less for something considerably better, at the same location made by the same supplier.

I've had Piglet's Steak pies, at the AMEX, I would have married and lived with happily ever after.
Proper chunks of steak that looked like steak.
Colouration through the middle of the chunk as I bit into it.
Surrounded by a light brown gravy.
In a deep pie.
All encased in a firm pastry that held it together.

They were pies that looked like adverts of pies.

The Watford pie just looked and tasted like a pie bought at a football stadium.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Avert your eyes most of you !! - but the guest pie this week is Chilli Con Carne for meat eaters and Butternut, Bean and Cheese for Veggies.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Lets hope they have enough guest pies been rather disappointing over the pass season or 2 (ignoring Covid) that guest pies are gone by 2pm.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I will forgive them if they bring back Kuipers Spicy Dutch Meatball pie.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I haven’t noticed any decline in quality but maybe I’m not a pie connisseur like some on here. I only buy one occasionally but very much enjoyed the steak pie I had at the Watford game.

The current version pies are nothing like their original incarnation. There is far less filling and meat in them but wouldn't say they're bad by any stretch of the imagination.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
The Sussex pie was good, also mince, bacon and cheese and shepherds pie. I'd also like a Cornish pasty type pie.

The chilli pie is the guest so often it might as well be on permanently

I assumed we get a different guest pie every month and not repeated throughout the season?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The guest pie differs every month and very rarely does it appear twice in a season.

Again what would you suggest for a pie?

Chilli con Carne was always good, not seen that for a while.

Chilli Sin Carne could be a decent option.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Someone mentioned Brentford selling samosas in the home end, that is something I'd like to see if priced properly.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Someone mentioned Brentford selling samosas in the home end, that is something I'd like to see if priced properly.

The choice in the away end was different from most grounds Lamb Shawarma, BBQ Chicken Burger or Grilled Falafel Flatbread.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Hmmm probably more call for samosas in west London with it's large Asian population. I can't see too many being sold at the Amex though. Maybe l'm wrong.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
I had a rather good chicken pie today. Just plain chicken, but nice big meaty chunks and great flavour. Well worth the £4.60.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I watched a feature on TV about Forest Green Rovers a while back. I think they are still the only club in professional English football to offer a completely vegan menu to their fans and squad? With most of the food being prepared on-site at the stadium. I can't see that model being scaled up to larger grounds, but then I'm not an investor or businessman so maybe there's potential for that idea to spread to other clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here